Patke LB Coach/ Aristide OLB

Are you really this stoopid or are you incapable of reading anything beyond this one point? If so you would've seen I defend Brax constantly as being a good returned when he actually decided to. He was doing what hartley emphasized by calling for a fair catch. Also incase you didn't realize I was using the number 8 out of ten simply as a way to say how often he would call for a fair catch. You went on to argue 1 out of every 4 and how efficient he was when he chose to get up field(which I agree with) issue here would be if he did 1 out of every 4 wouldn't that also mean he called for a fair catch 7 and change or 8 out of every ten? You literally proved the point that he'd leave alot of yards on the field by simply calling for so many fair catches. That's not a knock on him anywhere near as much as it was a knock on hartley. He emphasized ball protection because of how inefficient we were on offense. The outlook being they needed as many cracks as possible to get it right. But twist it however u choose to prove ur point.

Imagine how nasty a returner BB could have been if he were ever coached up on attacking the ball instead of being coached up to call for a fair catch most of the time. We have got to have some return dogs on this squad. Let em eat!!! Calling for a fair catch most of the time is a crime when you've got elite talent a team like this. Coaches just have to spend the time and find out who the dogs are instead of acting like they got it all figured out. Fair catches and playing it safe most of the time aint what I call, figured it out.

Go Canes!!!

Advertisement
They faced each other twice in the SEC. In 2010 when Gus was the OC and had Cam and in 2015.
2010: Auburn won 17-14
2015 Miss St. won 17-9

So in head to head matchups Gus didn't have a good time against Manny

Side note: Lashlee was the OC for Auburn in that '15 game too

Gus & Lashlee also faced Diaz in ‘14 while he was at LA Tech. Hung 45 on them. Lol. Revenge game on the inferior team (although that Auburn team was pretty mediocre)

Anyways, I think Malzhan is overrated. He, too, has done less w/ more at Auburn.

Preach.
Some people want to pretend our kick/punt coverage/return units weren't subpar last year, and that Patke is suddenly a kicking guru.

We were in 2020:
-101st in KO return coverage
-60th in KO returns
-T-7th in blocked kicks
-69th in punt coverage
-121st in punt returns
-UR in punt blocks
-1st in Net Punting

In 2019:
-114th in KO return coverage
-69th in KO returns
-31st in blocked kicks
-28th in punt coverage
-10th in punt returns
-21st in blocked punts
-30th in Net Punting

It seems like we improve in certain areas, and tanked in others last season. Overall, we haven’t been that great of a ST team, but we had a helluva kicking game last season, though.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back