Patience a Golden Rule for Hurricanes Offense (MiamiHerald)

My last comment I will say is go back and watch the second half of that game. Watch Stephen Morris and you will see why they changed their game plan. On our second possession after the Gators kicked a FG to make it 14-9. On 3rd and 10. We call a pass play. Morris eyeballs Dorsett the entire time on a GO route. Dorsett actually is ineligible because he steps out of bounds on his route, he's also doubled covered with safety help over the top. Morris doesn't make any other reads. we only need 10 yards and he throws the ball 30 yards down field into coverage. The ball is actually intercepted until Dorsett breaks it up. If you analyze the overall feel of the game and the way morris was playing this was a no-brainer.

People have also said we know Golden can recruit but can he coach. Then he out coaches his opponent people complain about how he did it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
There was no need to sling the ball around, just a need to find a QB that can go through his progressions, and make 3rd down conversions. We didn't need a NCST game from Morris, we just needed a move the chains game from him.

If people think the offense is "struggling" and having "issues," what do you want Golden to do?

Go extra aggressive, take a lot of chances. It was clear that the offense, after the first quarter, was out of rhythm and not connecting. We won the game, our defense held it down, I am not sure what you are worried about? Let's not forget that UF's big way of moving the ball is running it down your throat. Our defense held and stopped their running attack.

This is ONE GAME, this is ONE GAME PLAN. Other teams will have different game plans, other teams will have different defenses.

I think some of you are over analyzing this GAME PLAN and assume it will be the same over the whole season.

This board never overreacts. What we did against u*** is what we will do in every game no matter what the circumstances are. The Don should be a robot who is always gambling and chucking it all over the field (keep in mind that the same fans were criticizing our wide open approach last year because it put too much strain on the D).

My last comment I will say is go back and watch the second half of that game. Watch Stephen Morris and you will see why they changed their game plan. On our second possession after the Gators kicked a FG to make it 14-9. On 3rd and 10. We call a pass play. Morris eyeballs Dorsett the entire time on a GO route. Dorsett actually is ineligible because he steps out of bounds on his route, he's also doubled covered with safety help over the top. Morris doesn't make any other reads. we only need 10 yards and he throws the ball 30 yards down field into coverage. The ball is actually intercepted until Dorsett breaks it up. If you analyze the overall feel of the game and the way morris was playing this was a no-brainer.

People have also said we know Golden can recruit but can he coach. Then he out coaches his opponent people complain about how he did it.

Porsters gonna porst.

At the end of the day we got the W, we got them to turn it over a bunch of times and our defense and conditioning were excellent. This game sent us in the continued right direction.

Keep hope alive porsters!

There was no need to sling the ball around, just a need to find a QB that can go through his progressions, and make 3rd down conversions. We didn't need a NCST game from Morris, we just needed a move the chains game from him.

We didn't even need a move the chains type of game from him because the last I checked Miami won the game. Obviously Goldens game plan and his management of the game were perfect because there's a W in the win/loss column next Miami V U*** column.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back