Pat Forde does not even have Alfraud Golden on the hot seat

King Slayer

Junior
Purgatory
HOTTEST SEATS FOR 2015

View gallery
.Will Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz feel the heat in 2015? (USAT)
Will Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz feel the heat in 2015? (USAT)
Virginia. Mike London’s last three seasons are 4-8, 2-10, 5-7. A lot of people were surprised to see him get another shot.

Illinois. Incremental improvement capped by going to a bad bowl game kept Tim Beckman employed. But at 12-25 there is no indication yet that he’s the long-term answer.

Iowa State. Paul Rhoads is a likeable guy in a tough spot, but he’s also 5-19 his last two seasons. Even beating Kirk Ferentz half the time isn’t enough to keep you employed forever.

Iowa. Speaking of Ferentz—he’s gone from untouchable to unloved by a growing segment of the fan base over the past five mediocre years. Ferentz is standing pat on staff, which is a roll of the dice. But with a golden contract that runs through 2020, maybe he can afford to.

Indiana. There is one current coach of a power-five school that has been there four years without going to a bowl game. That man is Kevin Wilson, whose record is 14-34 at IU. The fan base is far more invested in basketball, which has been a saving grace so far. But Year Five seems like high time to at least ascend to the dizzying heights of 6-6.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/bigges...otball-coaching-carousel-065221084-ncaaf.html

Advertisement
Pat Forde has been one of the biggest Miami haters in the media of all time. Of course he loves having Golden here.

1. Pat Forde hates Miami. **** him.

2. Pat Forde works for Yahoo! so his hate is emphasized. **** him.

3. He has a clear bias to the Big Ten and the surrounding area with that where he reports and cares about. **** him.

4. The year the Kansas City Chiefs went 2-14 in 2012, he predicted that they would win the division and play in the Super Bowl that year. **** him and he's absolutely terrible at the critical parts of his job.

Advertisement
so what. i hope he is actually on the hot seat but right now the perception that he isn't on the hot seat is actually better for our program. once recruits are signed they hopefully can ratchet up the heat on him.

Last edited:
Our university would need expectations in order for our coach to be on the hot seat.

This is basically going to be Al's second year now that the clouds are gone, his seat can't be that hot.

Unfortunately Forde is correct. Gorlden isn't on the hot seat. The extension ensured that.

Advertisement
Talk to me about this next December! Until then, I hope I get proven wrong!
If it goes as many think it will, any of the remaining AG fans will defect. But I may be wrong about that too

Advertisement
Every other sports outlet has Golden on the very hot seat, so I could care less about Forde and his opinions.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back