Overall Thoughts

The celebrations do drive me nuts. I got no issue with the chain because that’s earned but it’s a tackle. Act like you’ve been there before.
I recall Frierson getting a tackle for loss and literally walking 10 yards towards the end zone and the only thing going thru my mind was, can a team line up quickly and snap the ball to get an easy offsides called?
In regards to the TD rings, did anyone notice that King wanted nothing to do with them? I think he gave them to an offensive lineman. At least we have a leader at QB that doesn't overreact to doing something you're expected to do, which is score tds.

Advertisement
Like many of us here, I have plenty of thoughts on why I am not encouraged by where we are heading as a program. The fact that the staff defers to senior players on the roster even when younger players are clearly better is very disappointing. Carter, McCloud, Ivey are downright pathetic players. I can't help but wonder why we are so inconsistent on D. I think constantly rotating players hurts the defense big time because it doesn't allow any continuity and we clearly have a lot of dead weight that the staff is loyal to.

Aside from all of that, I can make a highlight tape out of all the celebrations on defense. The second any one of our defensive players made a tackle, even when there was a 10 yard run for a first down, they couldn't help but to start doing some stupid celebration. The celebrating after every single play is downright ridiculous. Had I not been watching the score and just turned the game on, I wouldn't thought we were winning 50-0 with the way these guys are celebrating after every single play.

Are they kids having fun? Yes. But it has gotten so ridiculous at this point to where I can barely respect the way a Manny Diaz led ship operates and I have a very tough time seeing us satisfied as a fan base after this year. His gimmicks have the players more concerned with what their celebration for a tackle is going to be rather than doing their job and executing a play.

Are we lucky we got King? Yes, however he has plenty of flaws as a player and I think he won't be able to save this team like we all want him to. Our offensive line has no power at all and are simply banging bodies rather than attacking the defense. It's incredibly concerning watching that in game 1 against UAB. I can't wait to see what happens in ACC play.

I'm praying I'm wrong but sadly, I'm confident I'm right. Here's to us getting the best results this year -- but sadly boys, I don't think anything has changed at all.

On a positive note - extremely impressed by the way Harrison-Hunte looked. Looks like he's going to be a **** of a player. He needs to be getting 50% of the snaps next to Nesta.
Reminder that we allowed 14 pts, 7 of which came after a muffed punt at the 30.

Advertisement
The celebrations do drive me nuts. I got no issue with the chain because that’s earned but it’s a tackle. Act like you’ve been there before.
To an extent, but Ive also seen the opposite with Randy Shannon. The players didn’t celebrate at all during the game...first time I saw any emotion was in 2010 against North Carolina.

Like many of us here, I have plenty of thoughts on why I am not encouraged by where we are heading as a program. The fact that the staff defers to senior players on the roster even when younger players are clearly better is very disappointing. Carter, McCloud, Ivey are downright pathetic players. I can't help but wonder why we are so inconsistent on D. I think constantly rotating players hurts the defense big time because it doesn't allow any continuity and we clearly have a lot of dead weight that the staff is loyal to.

Aside from all of that, I can make a highlight tape out of all the celebrations on defense. The second any one of our defensive players made a tackle, even when there was a 10 yard run for a first down, they couldn't help but to start doing some stupid celebration. The celebrating after every single play is downright ridiculous. Had I not been watching the score and just turned the game on, I wouldn't thought we were winning 50-0 with the way these guys are celebrating after every single play.

Are they kids having fun? Yes. But it has gotten so ridiculous at this point to where I can barely respect the way a Manny Diaz led ship operates and I have a very tough time seeing us satisfied as a fan base after this year. His gimmicks have the players more concerned with what their celebration for a tackle is going to be rather than doing their job and executing a play.

Are we lucky we got King? Yes, however he has plenty of flaws as a player and I think he won't be able to save this team like we all want him to. Our offensive line has no power at all and are simply banging bodies rather than attacking the defense. It's incredibly concerning watching that in game 1 against UAB. I can't wait to see what happens in ACC play.

I'm praying I'm wrong but sadly, I'm confident I'm right. Here's to us getting the best results this year -- but sadly boys, I don't think anything has changed at all.

On a positive note - extremely impressed by the way Harrison-Hunte looked. Looks like he's going to be a **** of a player. He needs to be getting 50% of the snaps next to Nesta.
WELL HERE IS THOUGHT IF U DONT LIKE WHAT UR SEEING THEN GO ROOT 4 ANOTHER F@#$%K TEAM GET THE F@#$%K OUT NO ONE IS FORCING U TO BE HERE JUST BE A f@#$%^KING GATOR OR SOME OTHER ****.

Advertisement
Too many Miami fans want this to be easy, they don't want it to be hard work AND THAT'S UNDERSTANDABLE but it's not the 1990's/early 2000's!! This is a different Miami, but the thing is real Miami fans just want to see WINS, the **** how they happen just WIN..

Looking at the class of 2021' the talent is coming, but we just need to keep WINNING cause at the end of the day, ppl remember WINS..

Advertisement
Back