Overall Class Rank on Recruiting Sites

I remember when we had a Top 5 class

Like the 2003 class, that pretty much got Coker fired? That was a top 5 class.

Or maybe the 2008 Class. That pretty much got Shannon fired?

LMAO. The last TWO top 5 classes we landed, were almost directly responsible for costing the last two coaches their jobs.

Meanwhile, Butch never had ONE top 5 class, and in fact, Im not sure if he even had a top 10 class until his last year.

Advertisement
Sean White is more ready to play NOW in a Spread Option offense. He's a great athlete, but as a pure QB he's not on Kaaya's level, but again, for the college game, and in the right system, he's more ready now.

Kaaya has more upside as a pocket QB. He got better and better this year. Kid went from almost unknown to State Champion, Elite 11, and California Player of the Year. He BLEW UP his Senior year. If he keeps developing the way he is, kid could be one of the all time greats we have ever had here.

LMAO. The last TWO top 5 classes we landed, were almost directly responsible for costing the last two coaches their jobs.

Meanwhile, Butch never had ONE top 5 class, and in fact, Im not sure if he even had a top 10 class until his last year.

Ok, so because our past Top 5 classes have failed and because Butch pulled off an incredible feat during his tenure, we should want and be satisfied with a Top 10-12 class? Gotcha.

Incredible porst.

Advertisement
I thought this was interesting. How Miami, FSU and UF did with state of Florida recruits, based on 247's composite rankings.

Top 10 players in Florida:

Miami = 3 (Thomas, Yearby and McDermott)

FSU = 3 (Cook, Rudolph and Lane)

UF = none

Top 25 players in Florida:

Miami = 5 (Thomas, Yearby, McDermott, Darling and Moten)

FSU = 7 (Cook, Lane, Rudolph, Pugh, Daub, Christmas and Marshall)

UF= 3 (Sharpe, T. Harris and J.C. Jackson)

Incredible porst.
The guy is desperate at this point. He was one of the dudes pointing to the Top 5 class as evidence of Golden being a good recruiter. It slides down to 10-12 and he just changes his narrative.

I'm sure he will claim that he never touted the Top 5 class when it was a Top 5 class, though.

Considering the talent crop in South Florida, anything outside of a top 5 class was going to be disappointment for me. A good class that should have been an elite class. It's all over now. Hopefully 2015 will be better

Fwiw, if you remove number of signees which reflects available scholarships, our rankings drop based on a per player average

Avg star ranking on rivals....#16. 3.38
scout. #15. 3.46
24/7................................. #17. 88.33

Advertisement
I thought this was interesting. How Miami, FSU and UF did with state of Florida recruits, based on 247's composite rankings.

UF = none

Very interesting, especially considering fsu is gettin bandwagon commits bc of the NC and we ended up not even controlling our own destiny in the coastal div. We win the coastal, we will have the best 2015 class in the state.

We got a solid class with a lot of great players other programs would kill for.
That's not our problem. Gorlden's man love for don'tknow**** is our problem.
Plenty of coaches available could make top 5 teams consistently out of classes like we got.

Advertisement
Don't really care about rankings. I care about the results and filling positions of need.

Absolutely. I've said it on here many times. Our best ever coach, Jimmy Johnson, had some much worse recruiting classes. He used to say he would take the unknown recruit who got better and better every time he stepped on the practice field as opposed to the elite recruit who never got any better in college. It happens all the time.

We missed on some kids I would have loved to have, but we signed a very good class, one of the best ever in UM history. It wil alwys be tought to recruit against the state schools. A lot of kids still find those places attractive, for any number of reasons. Also, we face sleazier recruiters with those schools. I think Golden and his staff might be too gentlemanly, and that might make it more difficult, especially since recruiters at places like FSU and the SEC schools are absolutely ruthless and will often stop at nothing, including a lot of lies.

UF = none

Very interesting, especially considering fsu is gettin bandwagon commits bc of the NC and we ended up not even controlling our own destiny in the coastal div. We win the coastal, we will have the best 2015 class in the state.
You sure it wasn't because they saw how aggressive their D player, or how their WR's caught everything and looked good doing it, or
how their players wrapped up for a tackle, etc?

Incredible porst.
The guy is desperate at this point. He was one of the dudes pointing to the Top 5 class as evidence of Golden being a good recruiter. It slides down to 10-12 and he just changes his narrative.

I'm sure he will claim that he never touted the Top 5 class when it was a Top 5 class, though.

OK genius with your 11 million posts, what were the rankings of the Jimmy Johnson and Butch Davis classes that were the core of NC teams?

How did you get so many posts, anyway...I don't remember seeing your handle on too many posts. Do you get post numbers from posting **** over at the WEZ, or something?

Advertisement
Sean White is more ready to play NOW in a Spread Option offense. He's a great athlete, but as a pure QB he's not on Kaaya's level, but again, for the college game, and in the right system, he's more ready now.

Kaaya has more upside as a pocket QB. He got better and better this year. Kid went from almost unknown to State Champion, Elite 11, and California Player of the Year. He BLEW UP his Senior year. If he keeps developing the way he is, kid could be one of the all time greats we have ever had here.
:diaf:

Never try analyzing a recruit again.

White is the polished pure pocket QB who has the cerebral parts down.
Kaaya is more of the athlete unpolished guy with all the tools. He has more upside yes but White is a legit QB just lacks arm.

Advertisement
Back