Our strength is our greatest weakness

reg

Sophomore
We love our Canes. There is absolutely no disputing that fact. For us, it is, and will always be All about The U. Our fan base is arguably the most passionate fan base of any team in the country, regardless of the sport. It has been this way for decades. It will continue to be this way for decades to come. Week in and week out we pride ourselves on how passionate we are about our canes. ****, I've even seen people on this site ridicule and criticize other fan bases for not having a lot of activity on their respective message boards, hence insinuating that their lack of activity is a direct parallel to their lack of passion. That is absolutely hilarious and quite sad at the same time.

Webster defines passion as a strong feeling of enthusiasm or excitement for something or about doing something. Simply put, passion is just an emotion. Passion should never be mistaken with the 'act' that is being carried out based upon the emotion that is being felt at that present time. Imagine 5 cars getting stolen from a Ford dealership and when the cops catch the thief, they ask him why did he steal the cars and he responds with, I am passionate about Mustangs and Explorer's. That is not called passion, it's actually called Grand Theft.

Is the previous scenario a bit extreme? Of course it's extreme. However, I cant even think of a scenario extreme enough to showcase how ridiculously extreme our fan base has become over the past few days. Extremism is not passion, extremism is extremism. Calling for the head coach to be fired after just 5 games, is extremism not passion. Calling for a banner to be flown regarding Kaaya, is extremism not passion. Anyone that cannot distinguish the difference between the two, is probably, well how can I put it, extreme!

This website is by far the best as it relates to providing information regarding The U. Pete does an outstanding job providing us with insight that is, in my opinion, second to none. LuCane provides excellent analysis regarding X's and O's. There are other posters that add a lot of value to the site as well. As of late, it has been extremely hard to find the value, let alone embrace it, because of all of the filth that been spewed across almost every thread since the loss to FSU.

Grow the **** up! We lost! I am just as disappointed as the next cane. But trashing our current players and coaches is not going to solve anything. As a matter of fact, it does the complete opposite. Trust me, if we recognize that this is the best site for Canes info, so do recruits. Not to mention, current players are definitely visiting these type of message boards and other forms of social media as well. If you think differently, you are fooling yourself. They are kids. Opinions to them, might as well be truth. They are not going to look at all of the negative thoughts and think to themselves, "man, we have some passionate fans."

I am fully aware that the down votes are going to come with this type of post. One, because a lot of you are passionate about down voting. Secondly, because of the content. Lastly, because of the length of my post (my fingers are tired as ****). However, I am willing to take the backlash and endure the pain of typing to fuc**** much, in order to stop the madness.

We are much better off today than we have been in 15 years. Does that mean we have made it to the promise land? Nope! However, it is enough to have a positive outlook about our team instead of looking for any reason to say that you were right about a given issue or topic.

The last couple of days has been the manifestation of what happens when ignorance has a voice. However, the great thing about this country is everyone has a voice, or at least they should have a voice. Therefore, show your passion through your voice, not your ignorance!

Advertisement
It's a bit rah rah and all, but I'm good with this.

We're gonna criticize and call things out that should be called out, and we're gonna be extra sour after we lose to our rival, but (1) going too far is stupid (eg Rosier should start and Kaaya sucks), and (2) it's one loss, it's over, and there's plenty to play for so let's have our team's back. The program has a good vibe going and we should ride that wave.

True man. After rewatching the game you can't help but get excited about the potential of Miami. That defense is going to be crazy the next few years. Offense will too once richt starts to get back acclimated with the nuances of play calling again. I know people blame kaaya but he was playing well before that hit by Thomas. He had that bad throw but I'm not pinning the loss on him. Too many other things happened in the game that were game changing outcomes too like Waltons td being called back, missed holding call on fsu 2nd td, carters hit that burned 2 extra minutes and a bunch of other things. And to add to that kaaya delivered a clutch throw that should have tied the game. We lost by one with a young team. We are going to be okay

Advertisement
Next time, post before u take the adderall.

There is absolutely no difference between the hyperventilating of UM fans and that of any other major program. None.

Im so jacked up about our QB who hasn't got better in his third year & our rusty player OC. So super jacked up bro.

We are fans. Fans are not held to your standard of rational behavior. As a fan, I will vent whenever I want to. I'm pretty sure others will do the same.

Expecting fans to conform to your standards is not fandom, it's fantasy.

While I am not calling for Mark to be fired yet and would never, ever fly a banner against a Cane player, we are fans. More importantly, we are Cane fans. Being a Cane is unlike anything else. We are so different that your love of book definitions do not apply. Much like the USA at its founding, we are one of a kind and the best of all. We do what we do.

Advertisement
Nice post, does it come with a boyfriend?

Also, starting any sentence with "Webster's dictionary defines so and so as" is probably one of the lamest and most overused writing tactics on God's green earth and you should feel terrible about utilizing it. Who starts a sentence that way? You sound like a frumpy vice principal at a failing middle school somewhere in Montana giving a crappy assembly speech as he experiences feedback from the mic. Are you a 5th grade nerd giving an acceptance speech for "Recipient of the Most Atomic Wedgie of the Year" award?

I bet you wear wrap around sunglasses with a suit and give out exploding fist bumps. That opening is ridiculous and it immediately alerts everyone that you're a giant idiot with no class or panache. Webster's dictionary defines panache as -- just kidding, you loser.

I'm gonna go buy a bird right now, because I want to print out your post out and line its cage with it.

Die on the toilet.

Last edited:

Also, starting any sentence with "Webster's dictionary defines so and so as" is probably one of the lamest and most overused writing tactics on God's green earth and you should feel terrible about utilizing it. Who starts a sentence that way? You sound like a frumpy vice principal at a failing middle school somewhere in Montana giving a crappy assembly speech as he experiences feedback from the mic. Are you a 5th grade nerd giving an acceptance speech for "Recipient of the Most Atomic Wedgie of the Year" award?

I bet you wear wrap around sunglasses with a suit and give out exploding fist bumps. That opening is ridiculous and it immediately alerts everyone that you're a giant idiot with no class or panache. Webster's dictionary defines panache as -- just kidding, you loser.

I'm gonna go buy a bird right now, because I want to print out your post out and line its cage with it.

Die on the toilet.

Thank you for proving my point.

You are the epitime of what this thread represents and what ignorance looks like when it has a voice.

Die on the toilet.

You are the epitime of what this thread represents and what ignorance looks like when it has a voice.

I think you should have referred to Webster's here.

Die on the toilet.

OP -You are spot on.Well said but unfortunately posters like WhatTheHell who are anonymous, have found that forums are a place they can pretty much say whatever it is they want with no consequences . People do not speak in such a way face to face but forums like this allow them to get away with it so they take full advantage.

Pete post with his real name and his mugshot for an avatar and so he is obliged to think before he types unlike the anonymous cowards like WhatTheHell.

Advertisement

Die on the toilet.

That was really extreme bro!

Advertisement
Back