Our Ibis Sebastian

Advertisement
The Ibis has been the best mascot imaginable. John Routh made the Ibis the most famous. Here at two links about the Ibis. In another link of memorabilia notice that the Ibis has a pipe and sailor hat in the older items. I was not able to find when the pipe was excluded, perhaps someone remembers.

Ibis tradition

Wikipedia
still smokin on '82 yearbook

1584980753017.png

You didn't hear?

Corona Virus is OUT.

Ibis Virus is IN.

Shut the country down for next 3 years because somebody got the sniffles.

Advertisement
Advertisement
John Routh led the charge to get rid of the pipe. This article from Dec 92 says he was successful.

https://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/brother-can-you-spare-a-marlboro-6362343
Interesting. The school must have had a sh-t ton of left over supplies then. My freshman year at school (1997) the weekly planner I bought at the on-campus bookstore had the pipe. It was only when we darkened the shades of Orange and Green (which was also that same year, I believe. I know it happened while I was still roaming campus as a youngster) that the pipe went away on basically everything at that store. I always thought the pipe removal was part of the color change. Guess not.

As my avatar shows, I support The Pipe!

Interesting. The school must have had a sh-t ton of left over supplies then. My freshman year at school (1997) the weekly planner I bought at the on-campus bookstore had the pipe. It was only when we darkened the shades of Orange and Green (which was also that same year, I believe. I know it happened while I was still roaming campus as a youngster) that the pipe went away on basically everything at that store. I always thought the pipe removal was part of the color change. Guess not.

As my avatar shows, I support The Pipe!
It was probably just that they specified no pipe on any contracts going forward. Maybe they had a 5 year contract.

My avatar agrees with yours.

Advertisement
Back