Our Defensive Ends

Jax Cane

Junior
Can someone explain to me why our DE's pinch inside like 95% time of the day. Want to run a sweep on UM, just have your tackle block down toward the center and guaranteed our DE's just go with them.

I don't think i have seen a DE make a solo tackle on a running play wide. We ZERO Contain from our DE's. Fuggin joke.

It kills me to watch Chickallo and company just go wherever the tackles go without reading the damm plays. This is just one example of many posted on here about bad techniques and bad schemes. Fuggin Joke.

Advertisement
Thought this was going to be about Trent Harris covering a WR in the endzone.

I can't read these threads anymore. It hurts my heart to see how these coaches waste the talent on the team. Its a ******* crime what they are doing.

Advertisement
Their DL stunts are the most ineffective and slowest developing ever. It's miserable to watch.

We run stunts???Shut the front door! No we don't. Oh and could we bring a disguised blitz up the middle once? We blitzed constantly and every time Cincy had an open available blocker just waiting for our blitzed?

our blitzes come from 20 yds away and our predetermined and easy to pick up...

In 4 years i havent seen ONE blitz from this team i could praise for being sweet or exotic, creative.

Thought this was going to be about Trent Harris covering a WR in the endzone.

This should have a thread of it's own. It was so bad that I had to ask who's # 33 , even though I knew who it was lol. Completely had me discombobulated

Advertisement

In 4 years i havent seen ONE blitz from this team i could praise for being sweet or exotic, creative.

Dat Sh$t was ****ing me off all day. Thurston blitzing from 9 yards out and low and behold a Cincy Tackle was just sitting there waiting for him. Poster above was spot on, i haven't seen a creative, exotic blitz in 4 years. Its mind numbing that even when we bring pressure it more times then not is just swallowed up and ineffective.

Not even the Deon Bush sack on Bridgewater? lol

Last edited:
I feel bad for Chickillo. Kid seems like a hard worker who loves being a Cane yet like most of our defensive players his growth is stunted under this regime.

Advertisement
Same reaction when saw #33 on WR back corner of end zone. First thought was who's that? Oh boy.

Worst Defensive philoshy is modern day football. the most predictable blitzes and the most predictable d-line stunts. This is painful to watch if you watch any other teams defenses like Ole Miss, Miss State, Oregon, and **** 96% of other teams in any division. Heard a Ole Miss player say "we studied the Seahawks defense and implemented it" and they went out and shut down TAMU. What's irrating about that is Pete Carroll son is on our coaching staff.

Advertisement
The things going on with this defense go so far against conventional defensive wisdom, I beginning to suspect it is intentional destruction of a once proud team. The only way you could ***** up a defense like D'nofrio is doing is by doing it intentionally. No other explanation in my opinion.

Advertisement
Back