Our defense

brock

All-American
We have some studs on the dline that should keep us in every game. We are absolutely loaded there with only 3 of our top 10 being upperclassmen( no seniors). It's a young group but extremely talented. The linebackers are young but are playing at a high level, even the backups in Owens(who is still returning to form), smith and Perry. Owens by the way made a pivotal stop on cook which was great late in the game. There are a bunch of future NFL players on this defense. They will continue to get better. This upcoming unc game should be another statement game that the defense is back at the u

Advertisement
We need to recruit and develop great (intelligent and aggressive) safeties brock. When this is done, which is possible in the next 2 recruiting cycles, no one will score consistently against this defense's players and strategy.

Safety is the missing piece of Canes football. I need Banda to get these 2017 and 2018 recruits in and developed. By 2018, we'll be in the playoffs every season.

If we can get chad and hackson to stay and norton forget about its a wrap. Onve we get real miami caliber dbs its over bruh.....elder is the truth and jj.....when we get guys that run and cause savageness like amari carter and gibson.......man we gun be ruthless......finley and ced should be an upgrade but i know edwards bandy brini carter and gibson will get major burn.

Then on top of that the following season gurvan sean taylor hall...frieson....jobe.....blades....samuel.....yo prayers sent.

Perry will be the key to changing the program back to where it belongs so enjoy this **** man.

If we can get chad and hackson to stay and norton forget about its a wrap. Onve we get real miami caliber dbs its over bruh.....elder is the truth and jj.....when we get guys that run and cause savageness like amari carter and gibson.......man we gun be ruthless......finley and ced should be an upgrade but i know edwards bandy brini carter and gibson will get major burn.

Then on top of that the following season gurvan sean taylor hall...frieson....jobe.....blades....samuel.....yo prayers sent.

Perry will be the key to changing the program back to where it belongs so enjoy this **** man.

Norton a sophmore. And where the **** chad and jackson going? They dont have enough production to enter the draft.

Advertisement
Next year is looking good. Worried about corner but our trio of linebackers will have a year under their belt, defensive line will have a year under Kool and be going full speed

Jaquan will be on the field at all times which is great news

We have some studs on the dline that should keep us in every game. We are absolutely loaded there with only 3 of our top 10 being upperclassmen( no seniors). It's a young group but extremely talented. The linebackers are young but are playing at a high level, even the backups in Owens(who is still returning to form), smith and Perry. Owens by the way made a pivotal stop on cook which was great late in the game. There are a bunch of future NFL players on this defense. They will continue to get better. This upcoming unc game should be another statement game that the defense is back at the u

Trueeeeeee.... Manny Diaz was an amazing hire.. I was kinda ify at first but what he has done is awesome. He has brought back the aggressiveness that's needed to win championships. He called one **** of a game.. just a few missed assignments from some of our players but overall defense showed out. And that d line smh RAS CLATTTT MON ! Coach Kool is the best hire in years. Norton, McIntosh, and Willis are savages and will have very bright futures in the NFL. IDGAF best d line in the country straight up !! We are deep with a talent for the next few years.

that throw back pass is killing us...app state and fsu basically used the same play to get td's....we'll get better with time tho

Coming into the season the defensive line was a question. Now everyone is on their nuts. They should have been attacking years ago.

Advertisement
Norton has been disruptively good all season, but Saturday night he popped off my TV screen as a dominant player, he was lit.

But when he raised both hands up and started wiggling his fingers like he was pulling some strength down from the sky, I knew he had arrived and has been studying tape of Vince Wilfork who used to do this before big plays (mainly goal line stances) during his playing days at UM (see: the rain game versus FSU especially).

Advertisement
Back