Our defense..a game of 2 halves numbers show....

gacaneaddict

Junior
The defense coming out of the bye looked lethargic, confused some, heavy footed, slow.

The first half was as poor as this defense has looked in maybe any half this year.

2nd half was a different story:

2nd half stats:

Miami gave up 10 points 2nd half on defense.

N.C. State total offense in 2nd half-118 yards and 6 first downs

27 yards rushing on 13 carries. 14 of those yards came on a QB scramble.

Hockman was 7-11 /96 yards passing/0 Td’s/1INT

Miami’s defense had 3 TFL/1sack/1INT in the 2nd half. They also had 3 stuffs where N.C. State was credited with a zero yard carry.

It’s hard not to forget that first half, but the defense responded in the 2nd half.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I heard Manny say in the postgame presser after one of our games, we go in at halftime and make adjustments. I said why in the **** cant we do that after one offensive possession.

Last edited:
N. C. State has a good offense statistically, but that was with Leary.

I do know they typically have a good OL, and usually put out good offenses.

they have a solid offensive scheme surely they had some wrinkles out of the bye.

Advertisement
Unless you have two defensive game plans it’s hard to adjust mid quarter. Nothing different about us then any other teams as to when major adjustments are made. That being said, there is an opportunity to make small adjustments and that doesn’t seem to happen with Baker.

The adjustments have to be something the team actually practiced and understands. It’s not like Manny can just walk over to Blake baker and say “implement plan 37”. The best they can do without time is minor adjustments.

The part that should concern us isn’t the half time adjustments its that they needed them in the first place against a backup QB for NC State. It’s not like NC State had 40 days to prepare and completely reinvented their offense and every single play in the first half was a never seen before tendency buster.

The adjustments have to be something the team actually practiced and understands. It’s not like Manny can just walk over to Blake baker and say “implement plan 37”. The best they can do without time is minor adjustments.

The part that should concern us isn’t the half time adjustments its that they needed them in the first place against a backup QB for NC State. It’s not like NC State had 40 days to prepare and completely reinvented their offense and every single play in the first half was a never seen before tendency buster.
Order 66

Advertisement
We have given up far fewer first half points than Clemson.

Saturday and the Clemson game are the only two games we have given up double digit first half points this season.

Why not make adjustments after a couple series instead of halftime? Blushrts beat me to it.

Ya'll are still delusional that every ***king year Miami supposed to be the 2001 Canes.... and do **** they are not capable of doing to any team they feel like doing it to.

Wake up because that dream is 19 years old now.

Advertisement
Back