OT: UKnowWhat -- how's Darrion Owens doing at Houston with D'Onofrio?

grover

Senior
Premium
Poppa Shaq, we fans rightfully feel D'O was an unmitigated disaster for Miami. TBH, I was shocked when Owens decided to transfer to play underneath him again. But now I see he is running with the 1s and could realize his dream. There was just no way he was displacing our starters, so I for one cannot fault the kid. I know your families are close. How's he doing? How hard was it for him to make the transition and win the starting role?

p.s., That Houston defense looks like it will be a good one. I honestly cannot believe D'O is running it and will get credit for its success. Shows you how much luck is involved with coaches' reputations.

Advertisement
Poppa Shaq, we fans rightfully feel D'O was an unmitigated disaster for Miami. TBH, I was shocked when Owens decided to transfer to play underneath him again. But now I see he is running with the 1s and could realize his dream. There was just no way he was displacing our starters, so I for one cannot fault the kid. I know your families are close. How's he doing? How hard was it for him to make the transition and win the starting role?

p.s., That Houston defense looks like it will be a good one. I honestly cannot believe D'O is running it and will get credit for its success. Shows you how much luck is involved with coaches' reputations.

Venmo bet me their defense sucks.

Cmon mane....dorito thread...really?

Advertisement
His name is Doritos!! Seriously I think Folden may have forced his Al Groh crap on him. Didn't we start playing more aggressively after he left? Unless Larry Scott made him go that way. Idk but glad we have Monolo!

Actually hoping Owens does well. He saw the writing on the wall and transferred. Nothing wrong with that. I can understand wanting to be around a familiar face but D'Onofrio?? Hopefully he takes advantage of playing with that grown man Ed Oliver.

He is doing great... Had a good spring and felt he could challenge for the number one spot.. looks like he may be right... Talk to his parents a few weeks ago and they are pleased..Shaq and DO still talks regularly... I pray he he has great success.

Oh wow Shaq and D’Onofrio still chat? Guess it is hard when the guy recruited you to just cut all ties. Here’s hoping Owens does well for the Cougars and shines out. It would then be worth it for him to transfer out to Houston

Advertisement
Oh wow Shaq and D’Onofrio still chat? Guess it is hard when the guy recruited you to just cut all ties. Here’s hoping Owens does well for the Cougars and shines out. It would then be worth it for him to transfer out to Houston

That's...you're kidding right?

Do you happen to know Owens initials?
Asking for a friend

His name is Doritos!! Seriously I think Folden may have forced his Al Groh crap on him. Didn't we start playing more aggressively after he left? Unless Larry Scott made him go that way. Idk but glad we have Monolo!
There's probably truth to that. While D'Onofrio was here, and everybody was complaining about him, I went back and looked at his coaching history before Golden. Most of his experience was with the attacking 4-3 that had become our tradition. For example, D'Onofrio coached under Schiano as I recall. Schiano was closer to Butch in philosophy. Remember he coached as DC for us under Butch. I think a lot of D'Onofrio's other experience was more of a pressuring defensive philosophy but he was forced to implement Golden's philosophy while at UM.

Owens could have been a **** of a lb if not for that nasty injury. Sucks he transferred he had a good bowl game.

Advertisement
Than you sir. Wishing Owens nothing but the best. Hope he still bleeds O & G. I too believe he would have been a beast here without the injury and it looked to me like he was nearly back at the end of last season.

There's probably truth to that. While D'Onofrio was here, and everybody was complaining about him, I went back and looked at his coaching history before Golden. Most of his experience was with the attacking 4-3 that had become our tradition. For example, D'Onofrio coached under Schiano as I recall. Schiano was closer to Butch in philosophy. Remember he coached as DC for us under Butch. I think a lot of D'Onofrio's other experience was more of a pressuring defensive philosophy but he was forced to implement Golden's philosophy while at UM.
i always said it was golden system.

Advertisement

Safety's that run 4.8 is Butch Davis? lulz

Advertisement
Back