Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

Advertisement
I do. A lot of money to be made trading them, and there is a well regarded thesis that they are just getting started. A lot of institutional money is flowing into them these days. I'm not an all in nut or anything but I think you'd be crazy to not have any exposure at all.

Take a look at the crypto plays I mentioned above. Both up over 12% today 🔥

But mostly hold coins.
i got you and most institutions are not allowed to trade Cryptos. but didnt come to aruge. lol take a look at precious metals and miners. very bright and profitable future in them

Advertisement
Not too late to get in. Piper has a price target of $2,300. Although I don't own it, I admire Musk and agree with others that he is the "Steve Jobs" of the auto and space industries.

From a macro point of view: Market cap 3 times value of GM and Ford combined, manufactures in China now - huge market (cult like status among the populous as well as leadership);manufacturing/designing their own batteries now, which Musk claims will be a huge game changer.

Too rich for my blood at this price. Hovering around $300 billion market value, that's more than Toyota, Ford, and VW combined. Yet they have a tiny fraction of the market share. It's so overvalued, it just makes no sense to me. Piper is in the minority with a price target showing value, but maybe they are the only analysts who know how to value the stock?

Of course, I said a similar thing back in early June when a friend I trust told me I should go buy myself 20 shares when TSLA was hovering just north of $850. At the time, I couldn't understand how a (primarily) auto manufacturer that only delivered about 90K cars in Q1 2020 could have doubled its stock price since the beginning of the year in the middle of a global health crisis. I figured I'd missed my chance to really cash in back in March, and the price was leveling out.

Of course, the stock has doubled since then and I'm kicking myself, so please ignore anything I have to say about Tesla (it'll probably make you money).

I have FNV and a private investment. That's it. I'm terrible at metals!
take a look at GDXJ awesome recovery from march and if youre not scared of leverage JNUG. Im up 400% on thatyone in 4 months on my original buy in and with my average im up over 200% since march. not bad! with alot of room to run. Gold bull market just getting started. Cryptos have been doing good but i feel when the market corrects they will too. but thats just me

Also I've recommended some entry points and $5.88 wasn't one of them!!
It’s all good, I’m ecstatic I passed and won’t rule it out if it keeps falling. But mostly I stick to mid or large cap stocks or ETFs. I like the diversification ETFs offer.

It’s interesting to me how many ESG tilted ETFs are trading at 52 week highs when the Trump administration is trying to have the DOL promulgate a new rule that would preclude pension plans from considering non-pecuniary factors (e.g. ESG) for pension plan investments. And even if Biden gets elected - which the gambling odds indicate is likely - you can’t just quickly undo a DOL rule. May be something to consider shorting.

Advertisement
Too rich for my blood at this price. Hovering around $300 billion market value, that's more than Toyota, Ford, and VW combined. Yet they have a tiny fraction of the market share. It's so overvalued, it just makes no sense to me. Piper is in the minority with a price target showing value, but maybe they are the only analysts who know how to value the stock?

Of course, I said a similar thing back in early June when a friend I trust told me I should go buy myself 20 shares when TSLA was hovering just north of $850. At the time, I couldn't understand how a (primarily) auto manufacturer that only delivered about 90K cars in Q1 2020 could have doubled its stock price since the beginning of the year in the middle of a global health crisis. I figured I'd missed my chance to really cash in back in March, and the price was leveling out.

Of course, the stock has doubled since then and I'm kicking myself, so please ignore anything I have to say about Tesla (it'll probably make you money).
5 months ago it was at $360.

I wouldn't buy it either, but it's just fascinating to watch Elon. GM took 6 years to convert one of their plants to all EV production and Tesla built a new factory in 2 years from the ground up in China.

5 months ago it was at $360.

I wouldn't buy it either, but it's just fascinating to watch Elon. GM took 6 years to convert one of their plants to all EV production and Tesla built a new factory in 2 years from the ground up in China.
Anyone who cleared out their savings in early March and let it all ride with TSLA is looking like a rich genius today, that's for sure.

Anyone who cleared out their savings in early March and let it all ride with TSLA is looking like a rich genius today, that's for sure.
Thousands of investors have lost their asses shorting TSLA/musk over the years and I don't do that much anymore; however, I have to admit I'm tempted it's just hard to bet against Elon.

take a look at GDXJ awesome recovery from march and if youre not scared of leverage JNUG. Im up 400% on thatyone in 4 months on my original buy in and with my average im up over 200% since march. not bad! with alot of room to run. Gold bull market just getting started. Cryptos have been doing good but i feel when the market corrects they will too. but thats just me

I am confused re: JNUG. How did it go from $1k to $147 during a gold boom?

Advertisement
Buffet just bought a miner 20 million shares.

Well, he bought 20M+ shares of Barrick Gold in Q2 which could have been 4-5 months ago, so its probably run 30%+ since he bought, and it spiked again in the after market off the news. I hate joining a trade late.:). Besides you want me to stay away from your metals trades. I'm back luck there!

Thousands of investors have lost their asses shorting TSLA/musk over the years and I don't do that much anymore; however, I have to admit I'm tempted it's just hard to bet against Elon.

I shorted NFLX a month ago. Made 50+ points. Wasn't worth it, my heart was in my throat the whole time. Certain things are just scary as balls to short.

I am short SGEN right now. I think Merck is about to eat their lunch in the hematology space.

Advertisement
I shorted NFLX a month ago. Made 50+ points. Wasn't worth it, my heart was in my throat the whole time. Certain things are just scary as balls to short.

I am short SGEN right now. I think Merck is about to eat their lunch in the hematology space.
Exactly. You've touched on it in prior posts how these strategies can get a bit complex and when you factor in large sums of money its darn right electrifying and yet terrifying at the same time.

Exactly. You've touched on it in prior posts how these strategies can get a bit complex and when you factor in large sums of money its darn right electrifying and yet terrifying at the same time.
That's why I LOVE my "sell the puts for more than you buy the calls for strategy." You really mitigate a ton of risk, it takes very little capital if any, and the upside can be gargantuan, with a premium kicker to boot. Worse case scenario is you end up having to buy a stock like and that you wanted to buy anyway.

As an aside, I sell a lot of soon-expiring options that I think will finish OOTM and bank the premiums. Great way to boost your returns. I had some GS 212.50 calls I sold expire worthless (for the guy who bought them!) today. Was able to bank $179 PER CONTRACT which is theoretically a 100% return in a week.

That's why I LOVE my "sell the puts for more than you buy the calls for strategy." You really mitigate a ton of risk, it takes very little capital if any, and the upside can be gargantuan, with a premium kicker to boot. Worse case scenario is you end up having to buy a stock like and that you wanted to buy anyway.

As an aside, I sell a lot of soon-expiring options that I think will finish OOTM and bank the premiums. Great way to boost your returns. I had some GS 212.50 calls I sold expire worthless (for the guy who bought them!) today. Was able to bank $179 PER CONTRACT which is theoretically a 100% return in a week.
Half the guys in the options game have no idea what they're doing and it's even worse with the robinhood gang piling in.

Advertisement
Back