Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

If you've held it for any period of time, I'm sure you're doing fine.

It's only been public for around a year and has produced in a major way in that time.

Lots of things to like here.
you think this is a long term play? lots of negative tik tok talk

Advertisement
I do think it's a long-term investment type of company.

The Tik Tok noise going on is a separate, geopolitical issue.

At the moment, the largest effects could be on Bytedance and MSFT.

The Tik Tok news doesn't have a specific effect on FSLY.

Tik tok was 10-12% of Fastlys revenue. I bought some friday @ 77$ and set a stop loss at 74$. It could retrace to the 51$ level worst case but i expect a nice bounce short term. I really like them long term and i'll be happy to buy again at 50$ if it makes it there.

Could be closer to 15% - with about 1/2 of that being revenue from the US and the balance in other countries.

Tik tok was 10-12% of Fastlys revenue. I bought some friday @ 77$ and set a stop loss at 74$. It could retrace to the 51$ level worst case but i expect a nice bounce short term. I really like them long term and i'll be happy to buy again at 50$ if it makes it there.

Advertisement

Cord Cutting Seems Disastrous for TV Advertising

Typically, the disruption of entrenched technologies follows a pattern: slowly, then all at once. In our view, linear TV has hit the ‘all at once’ tipping point. Since peaking in 2011 at 103 million, the number of linear TV households in the US has slipped by 2.1% on average per year, a decline that probably accelerated this year in the absence of live sports. Recently, television advertisers have been disappointed by the dearth of viewers as Major League Baseball (MLB) and the National Basketball Association (NBA) returned to the airwaves. According to Roku’s annual cord-cutting survey, only 17% of recent cord cutters plan to re-subscribe to linear TV when live sports resume in force. Indeed, according to our research, during the next five years the number of US linear TV households will drop approximately 48%, from 86 million today to roughly 44 million in 2025.

If users cut the cord at the rate we anticipate, the $70 billion-dollar US TV ad market could collapse, shifting dollars to more efficient digital platforms. This week, Roku and The Trade Desk reported strong growth in their connected TV ad businesses, while most linear TV players like ViacomCBS posted double-digit declines. In other words, linear TV advertising seems to have hit the tipping point, with no return.

Could this be the end of ridiculous pro salaries?

Draftkings earnings this week. With CFB getting cancelled this week and what im sure will a **** earnings report it could be a decent opp to pickup to DKNG at a discount. Loomimg NFL cancellations though definitely a future risk to this trade.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

I got on srne at high 7’s
Lots of people talk. Very few do.
EED8FF2B-2C73-4960-A5B2-24ABD99E47E9.gif

Tell me why anyone would invest in a cruise line company? Mountains of debt for years and corona still out there. Even when there is a vaccine there won't be enough PAX volume to sustain profitability.
The ones thst survive wont have much competition. The anaylyst will just price in 30 years forward earningsq

Advertisement
Back