Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

Advertisement
Fracking’ s problem is that OPEC can always produce oil cheaper and can effectively put the frackers out of business by increaing supply thereby driving down the price and making it too expensive to frack. And because all the frackers are so heavily leveraged, they can’t handle oil Prices below their break even point for any period of time. Hence the early bankruptcies and closures of operations.

Exactly. Which is precisely why we should nudging along energy independence through renewables and innovation. It would be a colossal mistake to trail other countries in the future of energy production.

Exactly. Which is precisely why we should nudging along energy independence through renewables and innovation. It would be a colossal mistake to trail other countries in the future of energy production.
Correct. Fracking was a useful bridge to independence from foreign oil when the renewable energy technology was still in its infancy, but it was never a panacea to long term independence because it still left us vulnerable to OPEC price manipulation. Mind you the price manipulation this time was a fight between OPEC and Russia, but our fracking industry was nonetheless a victim. And of course the pandemic killed demand.
the only true independence is to lead the world in renewable and have the world buy our technology. We can’t just lead the way in IPhones and military equipment.

Advertisement
Fracking ? Have you done any research on the industry? It's been dangerously over leveraged from the start and almost no one has turned a profit. The pioneer of fracking Chesapeake energy just filed bankruptcy last month. There is no $$ in fracking or coal they are dead industries and no amount of legislation can save them. The GDP never grew under Trump, the unemployment went down because we cut corporate taxes and didn't cut spending. It's really simple economics. When you spend 1.3 trillion more than you take in you create "zombie" jobs.

1.3 trillion per year = 20 million jobs at $65,000 a year salary or 40 million jobs at $32,500 a year salary.

NO PRESIDENT OR PARTY IS CREATING ANYTHING SUSTAINABLE TILL THE SPENDING IS IN CHECK.
Fracking can be profitable at about $50. Chesapeake went under due to their overspending on oil and gas properties, amongst other extravagant unnecessary luxuries.

Mercedes Benz said earlier this year that cars/vehicles that use some alternative to oil and gas are at least 10-15 years away. Jacking up the prices by some insane platform advocated by AOC would destroy a lot of ordinary peoples jobs and lives. The wealthy would not be so adversely affected but the working man and woman would be. Remember gas and oil prices affect all manufacturing and many products. Your statement is based on conjecture and not fact regarding fragging as it is cost effective. Russia and Iran were having an oil price war earlier this year and last year. The result was an energy glut of oil and both economies suffered greatly.
Other countries have no renewable energy systems in practical use except for smaller countries with small populations. Not for countries with a hundred million or more people in population. Even Japan a leader in many tech and renewable energy systems stated they cannot reduce their reliance on nucellar fuels for at least 30 years or more despite that terrible disaster from the tsunami some years back.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Fracking ? Have you done any research on the industry? It's been dangerously over leveraged from the start and almost no one has turned a profit. The pioneer of fracking Chesapeake energy just filed bankruptcy last month. There is no $$ in fracking or coal they are dead industries and no amount of legislation can save them. The GDP never grew under Trump, the unemployment went down because we cut corporate taxes and didn't cut spending. It's really simple economics. When you spend 1.3 trillion more than you take in you create "zombie" jobs.

1.3 trillion per year = 20 million jobs at $65,000 a year salary or 40 million jobs at $32,500 a year salary.

NO PRESIDENT OR PARTY IS CREATING ANYTHING SUSTAINABLE TILL THE SPENDING IS IN CHECK.
And what magic wand does Biden and the AOC group have to instantly have renewable energy up and ready to go in 4 years of an economic affordable level to the working working and woman? I recall that Go Green stuff when he was in office with Obama and nothing materialized except some well connect countries and people like Soylndra making a half billion in tax money and producing nothing. He is back on the same old thing.

Talk about zombie jobs--read these cluster %$^&*&&--**** most of teh money did not even go into anyones pocket except for the scammers adn very wealthy.
Look at the flops Biden was part of in the past and now he is to be a totally different person with AOC and Bernie Sanders giving advice? These are just a few of the ripoff on tax payers.

Last edited:
Fracking can be profitable at about $50. Chesapeake went under due to their overspending on oil and gas properties, amongst other extravagant unnecessary luxuries.

Chesapeake is one of 100s of examples. Fracking has been essentially shunned in investment circles now because there is no money being recouped. Thats the free market talking not me.

Mercedes Benz said earlier this year that cars/vehicles that use some alternative to oil and gas are at least 10-15 years away. Jacking up the prices by some insane platform advocated by AOC would destroy a lot of ordinary peoples jobs and lives. The wealthy would not be so adversely affected but the working man and woman would be. Remember gas and oil prices affect all manufacturing and many products. Your statement is based on conjecture and not fact regarding fragging as it is cost effective. Russia and Iran were having an oil price war earlier this year and last year. The result was an energy glut of oil and both economies suffered greatly.
Other countries have no renewable energy systems in practical use except for smaller countries with small populations. Not for countries with a hundred million or more people in population. Even Japan a leader in many tech and renewable energy systems stated they cannot reduce their reliance on nucellar fuels for at least 30 years or more despite that terrible disaster from the tsunami some years back.

Im not going argue about AOC idk why you brought up the fox news boogeyman. You say prices would be jacked up for green energy but fracking isn't profitable unless oil prices are significantly higher, so which one is it? Russia and Iran were not having a price war. Russia and Saudi Arabia were the ones ramping up production and they'll continue to do it in cycles because the whole world knows the US is the highest cost producer of the 3 and they'll be the first to crack every time. It's really that simple. Germany has a population of 80 million (25% of the US) and is leading the world. The longer we hang on to legacy systems the further behind we fall.

And what magic wand does Biden and the AOC group have to instantly have renewable energy up and ready to go in 4 years of an economic affordable level to the working working and woman? I recall that Go Green stuff when he was in office with Obama and nothing materialized except some well connect countries and people like Soylndra making a half billion in tax money and producing nothing. He is back on the same old thing.

Talk about zombie jobs--read these cluster %$^&*&&--**** most of teh money did not even go into anyones pocket except for the scammers adn very wealthy.
Look at the flops Biden was part of in the past and now he is to be a totally different person with AOC and Bernie Sanders giving advice? These are just a few of the ripoff on tax payers.

Lol AOC again, what's up with you fox robots? Solylndra made 1/2 a billion? Do you know how much money has been wasted on ethanol subsidies alone? We have 10+ years showing the vast majority of frackers go bankrupt very quickly and leave behind leaking wells and poisoned groundwater. Just 2 months there were literally calls for the US to nationalize part of the oil industry. That's how desperate they are.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Wow! What a waste but is not this the pattern in this country and others? Each time one party is elected it gets in by promising something "New and or Improved?"
I did see where a a few years ago the European Union Scientist said that there is a way to eliminate the combustion engines of vehicles and make them affordable along with being functional to the masses but it would take a concentrated cooperation of most of the industrial nations for a period of at least eight years.
Is it probably not possible as long as fossil fuels are readily available and an affordable price. Look after the economic disaster of the Bush real estate collapse where oil prices skyrocketed and gas reached near to over four dollar per gallon in the US. There were some token private investment in alternatives to the combustion engine and going green but as soon as the oil/ gas prices came back down it evaporated to a great degree. As mentioned previously a significant amount of our governments support in the "green area" seem to have been squandered into nothing.
As long as politics is involved and there is such a diverse thinking in our political parties this pattern seems destine to reappear every four to eight years.

Has anyone noticed that for the last two days you cannot post an opinion on a story for or against on Yahoo News? Instead they have a survey now after each story and one of the few questions it asks are you would you still read those stories if the one could not reply. I heard that those stories were really a thorn in the far lefts' side as the posters were 10-12 to 1 against the way the stories were presented and it was a huge sounding off board against various things ANIFTA, elements of BLM, shootings in Democratic lead cities, the Biden campaign, etc. Most of the people responding I heard were under 50 so not old foggies. Makes one wonder what the real political polls are like. Sounds like one side is running scared and trying to silence opposition.

Has anyone noticed that for the last two days you cannot post an opinion on a story for or against on Yahoo News? Instead they have a survey now after each story and one of the few questions it asks are you would you still read those stories if the one could not reply. I heard that those stories were really a thorn in the far lefts' side as the posters were 10-12 to 1 against the way the stories were presented and it was a huge sounding off board against various things ANIFTA, elements of BLM, shootings in Democratic lead cities, the Biden campaign, etc. Most of the people responding I heard were under 50 so not old foggies. Makes one wonder what the real political polls are like. Sounds like one side is running scared and trying to silence opposition.

They do the same thing on fox on incindeary topics that go againt their narrative. The world would be a better place if comments were disabled on all news.

Advertisement
Wow! What a waste but is not this the pattern in this country and others? Each time one party is elected it gets in by promising something "New and or Improved?"
I did see where a a few years ago the European Union Scientist said that there is a way to eliminate the combustion engines of vehicles and make them affordable along with being functional to the masses but it would take a concentrated cooperation of most of the industrial nations for a period of at least eight years.
Is it probably not possible as long as fossil fuels are readily available and an affordable price. Look after the economic disaster of the Bush real estate collapse where oil prices skyrocketed and gas reached near to over four dollar per gallon in the US. There were some token private investment in alternatives to the combustion engine and going green but as soon as the oil/ gas prices came back down it evaporated to a great degree. As mentioned previously a significant amount of our governments support in the "green area" seem to have been squandered into nothing.
As long as politics is involved and there is such a diverse thinking in our political parties this pattern seems destine to reappear every four to eight years.

Combustible engines you say...did you guys forget about this? @Umfuture

Sure, let's take a look at that trade you laughed at. Great thing about you, all we have to do is give you the rope, you take care of the rest.

2500 LPTX $1.78

Might want to peek a quote. It closed at $2.07 today.

We made +16.3% in ONE DAY on this.

I post real trades, that people can follow, and jump in on when they want to. Not past results bull**** photoshopped tiny IRA accounts, but ACTIONABLE recs.

Another:

HBVTF trade is up 12% in A DAY. Try to keep up.

Let us know when you're ready to man up and take me on, @OriginalCanesCanesCanes. Stop all your deflections and BS. Man the F up. Why don't you post some of YOUR recommendations, at least? And I don't mean the ones from the advisor you pay 1% to make pics for you in your IRA.

YEAH, you didn't realize you posted that you have an advisory account when you posted your amazing past results in your IRA!! :rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg:

I am manning up and making calls. Right or wrong, I'm exposed. I'm not some pantywaist hiding behind Step up, or shut up. Make a ******* call, here. Let your balls drop.

Selling all 15k of HBVTF @ .29

I'll clean this up after the bell..

Last edited:
Buying 15,000 HBVTF at $0.228 = $3,342
Buying 500 ARCC at $14.02 = $7,010

My "CIS portfolio" recommendations to date are:

Buy 100 Jan 21 VFF $6 call contracts at $1 (-$10,000)
Sell 100 Jan 21 VFF $4 put contracts at $1.05 (+$10,500)
(Remember, buying those two together actually PAID us .05 per share and we still have the upside on the calls)
Buy 10,000 LPTX $1.93 (-$19,300)
Buy 3000 ET at $6.40 (-$19,200)
Buy 1000 VFF at $4.82 (-4,820)
Buy 200 WORK at $31.59 (-$6,318)
Buy 15,000 HBVTF at $0.228 (-3,342)
Buy 500 ARCC at $14.02 (-$7,010)

Found it. ****, lots of posts in here.

Ok we bought 15k HBVTF @ .228 (-$3,342) on FRIDAY and sold it today @ .29 (+$4,350)

We made 21.4% in under a week on this trade.

Win or lose, I won't BS anyone, I'll post real trades in real time like a grown up and you'll never see me hide behind past results like another guy here does.

My updated "CIS portfolio" recommendations to date are:

Bought 125 Jan 21 VFF $6 call contracts at $1.03 (-$12,875)
Sell 100 Jan 21 VFF $4 put contracts at $1.05 (+$10,500)
(Remember, buying those two together actually PAID us .05 per share and we still have the upside on the calls)
Buy 10,000 LPTX $1.93 (-$19,300)
Buy 3000 ET at $6.40 (-$19,200)
Buy 1000 VFF at $4.82 (-4,820)
Buy 200 WORK at $31.59 (-$6,318)
Buy 500 ARCC at $14.02 (-$7,010)
Buy 10,000 ET P VAR (29278NAB9) at 76.57 (-$7,657)
Buy 4500 CYCN @ $4.40 (-$19,790)

= $11,196 current cash on hand (I owe 100 VFF puts).

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back