Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

Advertisement
so are interest rates, corporate profits and a lot of economic data.
Yield curves are a leading indicator.

1714064498931.png

So your saying me buying a house now is retarded and the markets gonna change in 6-8months down lol… kinda like when I buy a stock it falls on its *** and when I sell it (Exon) it shoots through the roof lol

Advertisement
Google and MFST beat…
Alphabet flying in aftermarket
Shares of the rose nearly 13% in trading after the bell.

Alphabet also said it had authorized the repurchase of up to an additional $70 billion of its Class A and Class C shares and initiated first ever dividend.
boom GIF

So your saying me buying a house now is retarded and the markets gonna change in 6-8months down lol… kinda like when I buy a stock it falls on its *** and when I sell it (Exon) it shoots through the roof lol

Depends on the market just like it depends on the stock. It also depends on how long you plan to hold the investment and if you are buying with leverage.

Real estate tends to kill the stock market if using leverage.

Advertisement
Everything is in an economic cycle. Eventually you will see prices and interest rates go down. Buy the worse house in the best neighborhood and remember it’s
Location, location and location. It will appreciate..In the meantime look around and do your homework. There’s nothing wrong with waiting a couple of years before going in, because it will be one of your biggest investments.

Depends on the market just like it depends on the stock. It also depends on how long you plan to hold the investment and if you are buying with leverage.

Real estate tends to kill the stock market if using leverage.
Spending a million on a house now to keep for 10-15 years or wait another 8 months and see what happens.. I’m in no rush just found a house I don’t have to fix and put an offer in.
Everything is in an economic cycle. Eventually you will see prices and interest rates go down. Buy the worse house in the best neighborhood and remember it’s
Location, location and location. It will appreciate..In the meantime look around and do your homework. There’s nothing wrong with waiting a couple of years before going in, because it will be one of your biggest investments.
this is what I try to do but fail to do… I sold beginning of COVID thinking things would tank.. did the opposite.. been on the sidelines since and put an offer on a 2020 build on an acre/hits 80% of the needs for 1m… only reason I’m interested is I can assume his 2.9% mortgage with over 500k remaining. If I had to take a mortgage at current rates I wouldn’t bother…

I added some Meta today. I believe that their billion dollar investment in AI will pay off. NVDA jumped yesterday and today on Meta’s news. I think the drop was an overreaction and will pay off. They actually had a decent earnings report .LTH..
Correction…billions. MSFT gained on their AI investments.

I added some Meta today. I believe that their billion dollar investment in AI will pay off. NVDA jumped yesterday and today on Meta’s news. I think the drop was an overreaction and will pay off. They actually had a decent earnings report .LTH..
I added too. 1st time holder.

Advertisement
Meta is a moneymaker. I held it for a few years and bought more when it hit closer to 100. It’s more than likely a good dip buy IF markets are headed back to ATH.
I’m 50/50 on whether we hit ATH this year again so not buying much things right now. Gonna wait to see if we get a sell in May hype next month.

However, I did run into this gem yesterday regarding seasonality after a good q1.
IMG_6585.jpeg

Last edited:
8:30 AMUSDCore Personal Consumption Expenditures - Price Index (MoM)(Mar)0.3% 0.000.3%0.3%
8:30 AMUSDCore Personal Consumption Expenditures - Price Index (YoY)(Mar) TRADE NOW2.8% 4.082.6%2.8%
8:30 AMUSDPersonal Consumption Expenditures - Price Index (MoM)(Mar)0.3% 0.000.3%0.3%
8:30 AMUSDPersonal Consumption Expenditures - Price Index (YoY)(Mar) TRADE NOW2.7% 1.252.6%2.5%
8:30 AMUSDPersonal Income (MoM)(Mar)0.5% 0.000.5%0.3%
8:30 AMUSDPersonal Spending(Mar) TRADE NOW0.8% 1.200.6%0.8%
Personal income up
Consumption and spending higher than expected but not up from last reported.
Not too bad..we are in a holding pattern. No stagflation but a cooling of the economy.

Advertisement
I'm hearing Apple is way behind in AI... They will be announcing massive spending for the future on this next call... Could be ugly

Can any Apple followers confirm this?

I'm hearing Apple is way behind in AI... They will be announcing massive spending for the future on this next call... Could be ugly

Can any Apple followers confirm this?
The only difference is that Apple is sitting on tons of money, so the spending may not hurt them. We’ll see next week.

Advertisement
Back