OT: Rich Eisen show

Negro-Wan Kanobi

I got the force.... on hood
Premium
Apparently Dan Marino is pushing the Dolphins to draft Justin Herbert.

Not a Dolphins fan, but I really like threw Dolphins, so I want to know what Fins fans think of Marino wanting Herbert over
Tagovailoa.

Advertisement
Herbert has prototypical size and is smart. I’ve mentioned in the past, I have reservations about Tua being injury prone and his leaked Wonderlick score was not impressive. If Marino endorses Herbert, I can live with it.

Advertisement
s
Herbert has prototypical size and is smart. I’ve mentioned in the past, I have reservations about Tua being injury prone and his leaked Wonderlick score was not impressive. If Marino endorses Herbert, I can live with it.

Me too.

DC strategy against Tua all day long in the NFL as they convince him to work more out of the pocket? Keep rolling if your a DL that can't get there...if you accidentally hit an ankle, so be it...it's not going at his knee or his head.

My preference is trenches galore, then worry about QB next draft if you can't get Burrows. Herbert over Tua due to injuries for sure, but Trevor Lawrence might be just as good of a risk next year if you have the ammo to trade up.

At this point the Dolphins have been doing the same BS since I was a kid an it has gotten them know where. Its time to take a chance for once.

tankfortua.PNG

Can't find the tweet, but someone posted that Tua has 2 of the Top 10 seasons for a college quarterback in terms of QBR...not sure if it was past decade or all-time, but either way, pretty ******* impressive.

Herbert's best was like 130th and this past season was like 250th.

I can't think of a single guy who has become a great NFL QB that didn't shred in college. Knowing the Dolphins, they'll take Herbert and he will become Tannehill 2.0.

Also, not for nothing, but Marino has never done **** as an evaluator of talent so I don't think his opinion means ****all.

Advertisement
It's not even close to the game Marino played in. As good as he was, probably not in the top 10 in today's environment.

Advertisement
Pure smoke screen.

Aside from trading Minkah I like the way the Fins have handled themselves over the last 12 months. Haven't been able to say that for a long *** time.

I like Herbert better as well. Though I feel Tua is more accurate, but I have reservations about baga QB's because they aren't challenged by teams with better defensive talent. I don't believe he will be as good having to make plays versus "superior" defensive talent and schemes on the other side.

Advertisement
I think with Herbert you are getting a better Ryan Tannehill. I don't like it. I would avoid Tua as I have a feeling he will play about 10 games per season max, and be hurt the rest of the season If you really want to take a QB, then take Love with a late 1st rounder. Worth the risk there. Marino himself was a late 1st round pick because of the allegations that he liked nose candy. Otherwise stockpile picks and rebuild the rest of the team, then tank as hard as possible for Lawrence next year.

Hot take: D'Eriq King will have a longer NFL career than Tua.

Dolphins brass has said to want an X-factor at QB. Someone who has “it.” I’m not believing any Dolphins-Herbert rumor until God forbid I see it with my own eyes.

If he was even two inches shorter he wouldn’t even be considered a 1st rounder. Switch Tua’s and Herbert’s height and imagine how different the conversation would be.

Herbert has the measurables just like Tannehill. For a Canes comparison, he has the measurables, just like Jack Allison.

Advertisement
Back