OT: Panthers for real?

Advertisement
Another come back win tonight and one of the best records in hockey.

Def one of the more exciting products in south Florida right now.
I haven’t really watched them but I was surprised by their success. Huberdeau is having a great year and Barkov is a man. I see Yandle’s brother once a week, Keith is still producing.

Cats are the best team in the Central. Huberdeau and Barkov are a legit 1-2 punch. I don’t trust Bob though. For a two time Vezina Winner, he’s one of the biggest FA busts of all time (so far). Oh and Joel Q can flat out coach.

Would suck for Tallon if Cats win a title. He should get a lot of credit.

Cats are the best team in the Central. Huberdeau and Barkov are a legit 1-2 punch. I don’t trust Bob though. For a two time Vezina Winner, he’s one of the biggest FA busts of all time (so far). Oh and Joel Q can flat out coach.

Tallon was here for 10 years.

He sucked.

Advertisement
Panthers are absolutely legit. Driedger seems to be the #1 goaltender right now. Heading down to the BB&T tomorrow night for my first live sporting event since the Honda Classic golf tournament last year.

Went to the game last night and it was probably Bob's best game in net since we signed him. Made some huge saves that kept us in the game and allowed for the comeback. If Bob can play like that this team is easily a contender. And dreidger has been so good in net as well. hopefully the competition makes bob step it up.

Always had high hopes for Tallon but Zito the new GM made some great signings the new additions of duclair hornq and verhage have been very very good. Its the deepest team we've had in years finally getting production from more than the top 2 lines and we have young promising talent. Barkov Huberdeau Eckblad are studs hope we stay hot and make a big run this year

Advertisement
They won last night? I turned on hockey and with 7 minutes left they were down 0-2 so I made my wife happy and... I changed the channel and thought to myself that yeah they aren't all that.

Maybe I am not all that. I love hockey and I remember the rats and the finals...Hope we keep it going.

LOL

He was here for 10 years and made the playoffs twice. Stop the nonsense. Tallon sucked.
LOL

He was here for 10 years and made the playoffs twice. Stop the nonsense. Tallon sucked

three times. And offer a rebuttal to how Tallon didn’t put this current team together? He drafted Barkov, Huberdeau, and Ekblad. He brought in Quenneville, and made the playoffs three times during his tenure (10 years). Before Tallon arrived, the last time FLA made the playoffs was 10 years before. Tallon made the team/franchise better.

three times. And offer a rebuttal to how Tallon didn’t put this current team together? He drafted Barkov, Huberdeau, and Ekblad. He brought in Quenneville, and made the playoffs three times during his tenure (10 years). Before Tallon arrived, the last time FLA made the playoffs was 10 years before. Tallon made the team/franchise better.

Third time

He did nothing with the talent. It working seemingly this year has ZERO to do with talent he assembled. It is way more of an indictment of how bad he was.

Understand?

Or is 10 years of failure not enough?

Third time

He did nothing with the talent. It working seemingly this year has ZERO to do with talent he assembled. It is way more of an indictment of how bad he was.

Understand?

Or is 10 years of failure not enough?
Tallon did a great job of getting stars in the building. He hired Q and drafted Ekblad, Huberdeau, and Barkov. Ended a decade long playoff drought. His fingerprints are all over this current team. Understand?

Advertisement
I don't hold Tallon in low regard like some Panther fans...but its pretty clear Zito was able to make the savvy moves that Tallon could not.

FWIW - I thought Tallon drafted well enough, but over 10 years, only pulling Ekblad, Huberdeau, Barkov isn't enough, IMO. Also, the losses during the Expansion Draft ended up being v embarrassing. Keeping guys like Bjugstad and (IIRC) Petrovic while losing Reilly Smith and Marchessault is a fireable offense. The contract for Bob is yikes, too.

With that said, I don't think this year's success has anything to do with Tallon.

Advertisement
Back