OT Ohio State has to play the next two to qualify - the Harbaugh factor

Unfortunately the Big10's own ridiculously strict covid protocols are what is going to end up ******** osu if anything does.
True but I’d be shocked if the conference completes their schedule. The Midwest is in dangerous territory and most experts saw it coming. It’s been a wing and a prayer for most of college football and the coming days will be a real test. That being said, I’ve watched college football for more years than most here and it’s been like watching an intrasquad scrimmage. Crazy times

Advertisement
True but I’d be shocked if the conference completes their schedule. The Midwest is in dangerous territory and most experts saw it coming. It’s been a wing and a prayer for most of college football and the coming days will be a real test. That being said, I’ve watched college football for more years than most here and it’s been like watching an intrasquad scrimmage. Crazy times

I don't think the Big10 did themselves any favors by starting the season so late. They are all in the areas where the cold weather and flu strikes faster than everyone else, so they kind of shot themselves in the foot. Sad because osu is actually loaded and could compete with anyone in the top 6.

I don't think the Big10 did themselves any favors by starting the season so late. They are all in the areas where the cold weather and flu strikes faster than everyone else, so they kind of shot themselves in the foot. Sad because osu is actually loaded and could compete with anyone in the top 6.
I agree totally. It was a house divided and the league was in turmoil when they made the initial call. I’m not sure if there was a right decision if that makes any sense. There are plenty of moving parts.

This, they gave themselves not room for moving games around. So fvck em

Advertisement
M
The only way I will believe osu has anything to worry about is if @Bernie 2-0 says so. He is the closet osu fan with the inside scoop.
BTW, if Ohio State played Iraq I’d be for Iraq! I happen to have a very close relative High up on the OSU Athletic food chain so I get some Buckeye scoop at times and pass it along. Been going to UM games for over four decades and been to a NC game a time or 6! I’m amused by the CIS Detectives, comical. I will post an update as to the true status of this weeks game soon!

M

BTW, if Ohio State played Iraq I’d be for Iraq! I happen to have a very close relative High up on the OSU Athletic food chain so I get some Buckeye scoop at times and pass it along. Been going to UM games for over four decades and been to a NC game a time or 6! I’m amused by the CIS Detectives, comical. I will post an update as to the true status of this weeks game soon!

Just busting balls man.

The pertinent question then would be what is the league's average?
The league average is currently at 7. Ohio State needs both games. It is more likely that this weeks game with MSU is cancelled making Michigan a moot point.

With a 21 day quarantine, I don't see how OSU plays MSU this week. The only chance is that there were enough players out 2 weeks ago.

If they don't play at least 6 games and I think it should be 7 (conference championship game), I don't think any team should be considered for the CFP. Who's to say what this team is in this Covid era. They beat Indiana by a touchdown at home and gave up a ton of points and sacks. Without playing games, there should be no speculation. The body of work simply won't be there to deserve a consideration.

Advertisement
Are you suggesting Harbaugh and Michigan purposely cancel their game against Ohio State, even without having a COVID issue? I doubt the conference would allow that to happen.
Just test every player. With the amount of false positives, I'd bet they'd easily have a few. Just test them at the public testing sites and I guarantee you they'd have several positives. :)

Advertisement
Something no one has really mentioned is that the Big 10 instituted a championship weekend in which 2nd place teams in each division play, 3rd places play , etc.

It would be hilarious if Wisky beat O$U on the 19th. The Badgers actually match up better than Northwestern.

That would obviously kill their chances at any playoff if it happens.

Last edited:
Just an update @Zombie-Cane the Buckeyes practiced today and appear ready, to go Saturday. However The Midwest is in big trouble with COVID and anything can happen between now and Saturday.

Advertisement
OSU doesn’t give a crap about that because theirs no qualifiers by the CFP and that’s all they care about and the CFP ain't dropping them. So long story short, makes no difference to OSU.
Let's see how that plays out - right now its "NO Quali" by their own conference.

Advertisement
Back