NBA NBA is back

**** I guess D’Eriq lost a lot of fans in CIS
You realize that getting to a place of true equality is a long journey that very few countries outside of the United States have tried. Have you been to a Monarchy where "criminals" are beheaded? I have. Been to a Monarchy where you met the crown prince, who was later part of an un-democratic power struggle? I have. From dictatorships were people live in hovels to civil wars, I have seen the rest of the world up close and it is pretty ugly. We have been engaged in trying to change these governments to one more democratic, however, building democratic institutions take time and there are entrenched factions who will try to keep power, at all cost, over a populace that has little democratic tradition. I have the scars from being fired upon by these folks in Iraq, so we have went way beyond "being worried." You ask when Autocratic Systems have been a concern, yet you condone the NBA's silence on China's autocratic system killing, imprisoning, and putting into slavery millions. It is easy to criticize what causes you no pain. Ali lost his title and almost his freedom for his stand; LeBron losses nothing by critcising his home country and staying silent on China.

You bring up things that have been abolished, legislated out of existence, ended after hostilities, or have been won by a country trying to make itself better. You acknowledge this fact and state more problems persist today, yet seem to imply that these problems can't be solved like the others you listed, by a US Constitutional system that solved the earlier difficulties. If problems such as slavery and voting rights can be solved, then for profit incarceration and unlawful police tactics can be solved also.

Lebron and the rest of the NBA players don't take to heart the axiom, you attract more with honey than vinegar. Kneeling for the US flag and anthem is to meet the political aims of a Black Lives Matter movement that traces its roots to the 1960s movement that achieved so much, but was sidetracked by inpatient leaders such as Stokley Carmichael being co-opted by radical leftists; organizations funded by the Soviets and others. After Dr. King was assassinated, you had the first riots in D.C. that destroyed black owned business and started problems we deal with today, such as food deserts in black communities (insurance to run a business is hard to obtain after a riot).

Virtue signalling and riots in your own community do not help. When will the NBA players go to the school board meetings in disadvanged communities and demand that accountability in education be put in place? No more blaming the parents for failing schools, then flipping the coin and giving teachers unions get another raise...While they still fail their minority students. Where are NBA players going along with the police to find out the challenges police face and offer guidance to young cops on how to de-escalate? Where is the mass protests outside the DEA and the commercial drug makers demanding action to stop the speread of drugs in black communities.

The past can't be changed and Lord knows we have had too many acts of violence being used to settle old scores throughout the globe. But if the IRA and the British can make peace, if the Israelis don't bomb the Germans, and if the Serbs, Croats, and Bozniaks can co-exist, then we can get past history and strive for a more harmonious future.
not gunna lie, I just skimmed this Harry Potter post..appreciate the thought and comments. All Ill say is the problems I highlighted still effect us today. So before we worry about the Chinese, Russia, Saudi, etc etc and their governments, let’s highlight our issues and keep working to fix them

Advertisement
**** I guess D’Eriq lost a lot of fans in CIS

not gunna lie, I just skimmed this Harry Potter post..appreciate the thought and comments. All Ill say is the problems I highlighted still effect us today. So before we worry about the Chinese, Russia, Saudi, etc etc and their governments, let’s highlight our issues and keep working to fix them

Never read Harry Potter; my experience is a fascination with wizards and spells are for people who like to detach themselves from the real world.

Agree, the NBA should pull out of China and instead of setting up camps where student athletes are abused, devote that energy to address the areas screaming for attention I mentioned; black kids being failed by educators and fighting rampant drug addiction and allied problems...IN THIS COUNTRY. Yes, we spent 2 1/2 years wasted in investigations of Russia and Ukraine that led to nothing. Time to have our legislators stop weaponizing government and instead have it work for all our benefit.

Never read Harry Potter; my experience is a fascination with wizards and spells are for people who like to detach themselves from the real world.

Agree, the NBA should pull out of China and instead of setting up camps where student athletes are abused, devote that energy to address the areas screaming for attention I mentioned; black kids being failed by educators and fighting rampant drug addiction and allied problems...IN THIS COUNTRY. Yes, we spent 2 1/2 years wasted in investigations of Russia and Ukraine that led to nothing. Time to have our legislators stop weaponizing government and instead have it work for all our benefit.
As far as Russia and Ukraine..too say those investigations led to nothing is mid leading. Multiple ppl were arrested on campaign finance crimes. The intelligence community all concluded foul **** was going on. But your right the political weaponization of it was all theater

Preach CaneFan79 - great perspective that few people in a nation that doesn't experience the things you saw has a hard time comprehending. We're not that bad yet where people have stopped risking their lives to get to our shores to get away from all sorts of worse.

Successful UFC and golf matches showed us that sports can be played safely during the COVID-19 pandemic. Like it or not, a successful NBA Restart and playoffs, could send the signal to the rest of the world sports, AND even the world economy , that we can live and thrive in spite of COVID-19.

So far, the NBA bubble has been a success. And I predict that there may be some rough patches for baseball and NFL training camp, they should get things under control. If all of these activities can move forward safely and in an entertaining manner, we will have college football.

We are Canes and we are Americans, and we have never been quitters. It’s not in us. Even with the greatest adversity, we find a way to fight and win. We as a country, will figure out how to live and safely thrive in spite this virus. IMO, we will not let this virus beat us or deprive our children of getting better opportunities than we had

Advertisement
Magic spanking **** even though we played other scrubs teams so far. Johnathan Issac went down against clutching his knee again. Didn’t look good at all. I feel bad for the kid.

BLUE AND WHITE IGNITE. *** the Heat

Magic spanking **** even though we played other scrubs teams so far. Johnathan Issac went down against clutching his knee again. Didn’t look good at all. I feel bad for the kid.

BLUE AND WHITE IGNITE. *** the Heat
Lol the magic..I got heat v Tor in the ECF..depends on the seeds

Advertisement
NBA is garbage, has been for at least a decade. haven't watched. Any league, team that wants to not stand and respect the flag for the national anthem is dead to me. That includes the Miami Hurricanes. Greatest country in the world, land of the free and home of the brave. You can do whatever you want here no matter what color or religion, make it happen.

Lol the magic..I got heat v Tor in the ECF..depends on the seeds
I’ll rep Orlando until the day I die no matter how long we are stuck in mediocrity. That’s my day 1 lol.

Toronto is tough. They put it on the Lakers last night. Milwaukee will have something to say about that ECF matchup. Giannis is a machine and his help is clicking, they will be their.

Miami has to show me. Bam, Jimmy B, Crowder and maybe Dragic will show up. Can Duncan, Nunn, and Herro will stay hot when the playoff pressure turns up is my question with the heat. If they can, Miami will make some noise.

I feel like ppl are sleeping on Houston. They can run the west but it all depends on Harden. He can’t have another playoff disappearing act. Westbrook is a DOG and will keep them in it.

Last edited:
I’ll rep Orlando until the day I die no matter how long we are stuck in mediocrity. That’s my day 1 lol.

Toronto is tough. They put it on the Lakers last night. Milwaukee will have something to say about that ECF matchup. Giannis is a machine and his help is clicking, they will be their.

Miami has to show me. Bam, Jimmy B, Crowder and maybe Dragic will show up. Can Duncan, Nunn, and Herro will stay hot when the playoff pressure turns up is my question with the heat. If they can, Miami will make some noise.
Bam is the perfect matchup for giannis in the east..Gianni has to show me his willingness to take and hit outside shots.

the Heat and Toronto are 2 teams who are slept on. Siakim imo is the most underrated player in the league RN..and **** y’all boi Isaac went down bad today smh

Bam is the perfect matchup for giannis in the east..Gianni has to show me his willingness to take and hit outside shots.

the Heat and Toronto are 2 teams who are slept on. Siakim imo is the most underrated player in the league RN..and **** y’all boi Isaac went down bad today smh
Yea I was watching when it happened. As soon as he went down and grabbed his knee I knew he wrecked it. You couldn’t help but feel horrible for him as they showed him crying as he was being taken off in a wheelchair.

I can see Bam slowing down Giannis. But Lopez will eat Oylnyk for lunch. Crowders a dog like PJ Tucker but he ain’t checking Lopez.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement

Toronto and Miami have had the most impressive wins so far in the bubble. They will not be slept on for too long

With a nation starved for live sports they will get viewers but the numbers will be drastically less than they would be if they would just be athletes and play ball. Watching guys making hundreds of millions of dollars complain about a society that holds them down is very tough for many Americans to stomach.

The numbers are indeed down.

Advertisement
Back