OT: Mock Draft for Fins

Zbrod95

Thank God for the Columbus Mafia
Alright Grier, let me fix the Fins draft for you. I’ll explain to everyone here why the pick is being made as well.

39- AJ Espenesa D-Iowa

So he’s a great run defender but there’s questions about him being able to be a great pass rusher against tackles? Cool, I’ll take him and put him inside where he can use his elite pass rushing toolset and not worry about athleticism. He also gives you JJ watt - like versatility where you can put him outside on run downs, inside in pass downs and vice versa versatility depending on our weekly matchup. He has a pretty good first step and uses power to set up his grandiose toolset. He plays like an athletic, long DT but he does have a bit of a strength concern even though it doesn’t come up on tape. He’s a hard worker so he’ll definitely improve and will probably fill out to 280-285 maybe even 290 to do it.

56- Robert Hunt OG ULL

Robert Hunt is a really strong man with a giant motor. Robert Hunt is going to move you rather you like it or not. Robert Hunt probably doesn’t like you that much and wants to face plant you so hard that it becomes a gif. That being said he’s got very light feet at 6’5 322 and has Guard/Tackle versatility. He’s a 4 year starter on top of all that to boot. An area where he need to improve in though is in his actual footwork even though he transitions well out of his stance in pass pro. He also can fall victim to counter moves. Day 1 starter all day long.

70- Zack Moss RB Utah

Uber productive back with great size. He’s got great balance, vision, wiggle, and patience on top of the fact he’ll run you over. Just like he knows how to be patient he know when he needs to be sudden and hit the hole hard. There’s no reason to believe he’ll struggle in the passing game. There’s a wear/tear concern here due to injuries and usage. He won’t run away from anybody but that’s ok. Smash mouth fins and the perfect replacement for Howard when his contract is up.

136(from Minny) Alex Highsmith EDGE Charlotte

Uberly productive with 75 tackles and 14 sacks but is a bit of a tweener at 6’3 249. Has a variety of move to attack with and has a relentless motor. He’s also a pretty good athlete running a 4.7 and a 33 inch vert. He can struggle to hold an edge due to strength concerns and can improve his speed to power attack as well.

141- Alex Taylor RT SCST

6’8 300 pounds with a basketball background and 36 1/2 inch arms but is a project. He really good hand eye coordination because of that basketball back ground and is a plus athlete. Fires out of his stance in pass pro and has some great bend as well. He doesn’t get to the second level well but that’s probably due to inexperience being that he’s new to football. He also needs to get stronger and probably add about 15-20 pounds to his frame. He went back and forth between basketball and football his time at SCST so some think there’s a commitment. I’m not to concerned about it, he’ll be going to a team filled with hard workers that’ll probably hold him accountable and making sure he’s maxing out.

153- Isaiah Hodgins WOregon St.

So this eval bugs me because how hypocritical these analysts are. He runs 4.6 so he “can’t” stretch the field but there’s a similar WR from a small school that “can”. With that being said this dude is a 6’4 inside/out target that has automatic hands. You can probably throw a bowling ball and he’s going to catch it. Very productive WR from a power conference with over 1,000 yards and over 10 TD’s which is pretty impressive for being the center of attention on that team. He’s an above average route runner and doesn’t have a bunch of experience run blocking but he can get better at both. Think this is a steal here.

154- Tanner Muse S/LB Clemson

This will be a pick for backer, not safety just so we’re clear. Really intelligent which allows him to diagnose run plays and catch misdirections/screens. Knows when to break down or be aggressive when in pursuit and won’t miss a tackle. He also has a bit of a turnover nose. He is tight hipped in coverage but should improve in coverage with the position change. He also need to learn when/how to engage and disengage on blacks and put a bit of weight on. Nothing crazy so being that he’s already 227. Pretty safe book or bust pick. He’ll play 12-13 years and maybe make some pro bowls or he’ll be a special teams dynamo with his elite athleticism. Both bring value here.

173- Rashard Lawrence DT LSU

Not only do we have a hole in the starting lineup but we also don’t have a lot of depth. Rashard grades as a dude who can play all over a 3-4 interior line. Strong as an Ox and has no problem eating double teams. Big time leader at LSU and another high motor gym rat to add up front. He’s not a pass rusher and by judging his 40 I don’t think he’ll ever be anymore that average at pass rushing. There’s also medical concerns here but I’m not too concerned being that he’s been known to play hurt.
https://youtu.be/zHi2iqPREBQ

185- Darryl Williams C Miss St.

Former team captain and three year starter at Miss St. with center/guard versatility. Strong kid with average athleticism but makes up for it with pure grit. Very intelligent and has a good sense on picking up the second guy on combos. He does need work when it comes to the passing game and plays high but you’re looking for traits and intelligence here being he’s probably going to be a center. His work ethic would lead to improvement in the passing game.

224- Trey Adams OT Wash

So this is my Alex Taylor safety net and he’s another giant at 6’8. This is another tough dude that will move you rather you like it or not. He has solid lateral quickness and can get to the 2nd level even at his size. He does struggle with fast edge guys but I think that has more to do with his injury history and that he reaches which I think of they break him out of that he’ll be a way better pass blocker. At one point he was considered a future 2nd/3rd rounder then his injury streak hit. I get an Orlando Brown feel from him it’s just the injuries that are the real concern.

246- Robert Windsor DT Penn State

High motor dude that is relentless and strong especially at the point of attacks. He’s an above average athlete with good hips which allowed him to win one v. one’s in the run with his strength. Not much of a pass rusher and looks maxed out when it comes to his frame. Taking a chance on a hard working guy here who might turn into a decent rotation piece
https://youtu.be/plNcaajgKr8

251- Andre Killians RB/WR UCF

Speeeeeeeeeeeed! Moar speeeeeeeeed! Look he’ll never be an every down guy but he’s got speed for days and he’s good out of the backfield. Take a chance, try to make him into an offensive weapon. Use him in the slot, the backfield, on kick/punt returns, or anywhere where he can touch the field. That Jakeem Grant contract is expensive and he’ll be a way cheaper replacement. Probably will be more durable as well.
https://youtu.be/RyqSiJx1VDM

Last edited:
Advertisement
I’m here. I had to work! What’s the @Zbrod95 lowdown for the fins right now?
Read the top. Bring Zach Moss home and more speed at receiver. I know nothing about the Fins except most of my family and my boys are fans. Z is thorough in his analysis, though...

Advertisement
Alright Grier, let me fix the Fins draft for you. I’ll explain to everyone here why the pick is being made as well.

39- AJ Espenesa D-Iowa

So he’s a great run defender but there’s questions about him being able to be a great pass rusher against tackles? Cool, I’ll take him and put him inside where he can use his elite pass rushing toolset and not worry about athleticism. He also gives you JJ watt - like versatility where you can put him outside on run downs, inside in pass downs and vice versa versatility depending on our weekly matchup. He has a pretty good first step and uses power to set up his grandiose toolset. He plays like an athletic, long DT but he does have a bit of a strength concern even though it doesn’t come up on tape. He’s a hard worker so he’ll definitely improve and will probably fill out to 280-285 maybe even 290 to do it.

56- Robert Hunt OG ULL

Robert Hunt is a really strong man with a giant motor. Robert Hunt is going to move you rather you like it or not. Robert Hunt probably doesn’t like you that much and wants to face plant you so hard that it becomes a gif. That being said he’s got very light feet at 6’5 322 and has Guard/Tackle versatility. He’s a 4 year starter on top of all that to boot. An area where he need to improve in though is in his actual footwork even though he transitions well out of his stance in pass pro. He also can fall victim to counter moves. Day 1 starter all day long.

70- Zack Moss RB Utah

Uber productive back with great size. He’s got great balance, vision, wiggle, and patience on top of the fact he’ll run you over. Just like he knows how to be patient he know when he needs to be sudden and hit the hole hard. There’s no reason to believe he’ll struggle in the passing game. There’s a wear/tear concern here due to injuries and usage. He won’t run away from anybody but that’s ok. Smash mouth fins and the perfect replacement for Howard when his contract is up.

136(from Minny) Alex Highsmith EDGE Charlotte

Uberly productive with 75 tackles and 14 sacks but is a bit of a tweener at 6’3 249. Has a variety of move to attack with and has a relentless motor. He’s also a pretty good athlete running a 4.7 and a 33 inch vert. He can struggle to hold an edge due to strength concerns and can improve his speed to power attack as well.

141- Alex Taylor RT SCST

6’8 300 pounds with a basketball background and 36 1/2 inch arms but is a project. He really good hand eye coordination because of that basketball back ground and is a plus athlete. Fires out of his stance in pass pro and has some great bend as well. He doesn’t get to the second level well but that’s probably due to inexperience being that he’s new to football. He also needs to get stronger and probably add about 15-20 pounds to his frame. He went back and forth between basketball and football his time at SCST so some think there’s a commitment. I’m not to concerned about it, he’ll be going to a team filled with hard workers that’ll probably hold him accountable and making sure he’s maxing out.

153- Isaiah Hodgins WOregon St.

So this eval bugs me because how hypocritical these analysts are. He runs 4.6 so he “can’t” stretch the field but there’s a similar WR from a small school that “can”. With that being said this dude is a 6’4 inside/out target that has automatic hands. You can probably throw a bowling ball and he’s going to catch it. Very productive WR from a power conference with over 1,000 yards and over 10 TD’s which is pretty impressive for being the center of attention on that team. He’s an above average route runner and doesn’t have a bunch of experience run blocking but he can get better at both. Think this is a steal here.

154- Tanner Muse S/LB Clemson

This will be a pick for backer, not safety just so we’re clear. Really intelligent which allows him to diagnose run plays and catch misdirections/screens. Knows when to break down or be aggressive when in pursuit and won’t miss a tackle. He also has a bit of a turnover nose. He is tight hipped in coverage but should improve in coverage with the position change. He also need to learn when/how to engage and disengage on blacks and put a bit of weight on. Nothing crazy so being that he’s already 227. Pretty safe book or bust pick. He’ll play 12-13 years and maybe make some pro bowls or he’ll be a special teams dynamo with his elite athleticism. Both bring value here.

173- Rashard Lawrence DT LSU

Not only do we have a hole in the starting lineup but we also don’t have a lot of depth. Rashard grades as a dude who can play all over a 3-4 interior line. Strong as an Ox and has no problem eating double teams. Big time leader at LSU and another high motor gym rat to add up front. He’s not a pass rusher and by judging his 40 I don’t think he’ll ever be anymore that average at pass rushing. There’s also medical concerns here but I’m not too concerned being that he’s been known to play hurt.
https://youtu.be/zHi2iqPREBQ

185- Darryl Williams C Miss St.

Former team captain and three year starter at Miss St. with center/guard versatility. Strong kid with average athleticism but makes up for it with pure grit. Very intelligent and has a good sense on picking up the second guy on combos. He does need work when it comes to the passing game and plays high but you’re looking for traits and intelligence here being he’s probably going to be a center. His work ethic would lead to improvement in the passing game.

224- Trey Adams OT Wash

So this is my Alex Taylor safety net and he’s another giant at 6’8. This is another tough dude that will move you rather you like it or not. He has solid lateral quickness and can get to the 2nd level even at his size. He does struggle with fast edge guys but I think that has more to do with his injury history and that he reaches which I think of they break him out of that he’ll be a way better pass blocker. At one point he was considered a future 2nd/3rd rounder then his injury streak hit. I get an Orlando Brown feel from him it’s just the injuries that are the real concern.

246- Robert Windsor DT Penn State

High motor dude that is relentless and strong especially at the point of attacks. He’s an above average athlete with good hips which allowed him to win one v. one’s in the run with his strength. Not much of a pass rusher and looks maxed out when it comes to his frame. Taking a chance on a hard working guy here who might turn into a decent rotation piece
https://youtu.be/plNcaajgKr8

251- Andre Killians RB/WR UCF

Speeeeeeeeeeeed! Moar speeeeeeeeed! Look he’ll never be an every down guy but he’s got speed for days and he’s good out of the backfield. Take a chance, try to make him into an offensive weapon. Use him in the slot, the backfield, on kick/punt returns, or anywhere where he can touch the field. That Jakeem Grant contract is expensive and he’ll be a way cheaper replacement. Probably will be more durable as well.
https://youtu.be/RyqSiJx1VDM

That was awesome and one of the better predictions i have seen........Excellent job.......i would like to target Malcolm Perry Joe Ree and Quez Watkins as WRs and Tuszka,, Willikes as EDGE payers and Fotu as a DT....

Advertisement
@Zbrod95 you like that safety from Texas pick?
It’s fine but they were in an Oline/Dline run. You’ve traded back a little and still had him and gained another asset. Story of this entire draft outside out Tua and Hunt. Even Jackson is a bit of a reach. You could’ve easily traded with the eagles during that little WR run and had him at 21.

Advertisement
Back