OT: Last of the original Wailers, Bunny Wailer passes away

Advertisement
I only got to see him live once. Huge band, unforgettable show. I had a ticket for a second show years later but we both had the flu.

ras no GIF

Advertisement
RIP...Got to see one of the originals; Peter Tosh open for the Rolling Stones on Univ of Colorado's football field in 1978 - Kansas and Eddie Money, great concert.

See, that would have been a helluva show to see. "Legalize It" era Tosh, followed by "Some Girls" era Stones. Amazing.

See, that would have been a helluva show to see. "Legalize It" era Tosh, followed by "Some Girls" era Stones. Amazing.
Was it ever - I had on a pair of shorts, flip flops, no shirt and sunglasses. I had a backpack full of ice and a gallon Jug of Ripple Pagan Pink , six other buddies were carrying all sorts of other party favors.

I saw a woman there who was painted completely gold (The same shade) from hair, eyelids, mini-skirt to the tip of her shoes - she was tripping' hard. It's the go-to image of the era in my mind's-eye.

I don't think the crowd was ready for Tosh, he only played a short set, but they loved him by the time he left. Eddie Money had just started touring - he tells the crowd, "You know how all these old rockers are always complaining about being on the road? Well, we love it! We're in room 243 at the Holiday Inn ladies, come party with us after the concert!"

After Kansas, it rained for an hour, Mick came out to look at the stage, decided it was dry enough and said let's go. They start with Jumpin' Jack Flash, he does a move and his feet fly parallel to his head, he flys sideways, and busts his *** hard on the stage, Keith even missed a note and a few stage hands ran out seeing if he was OK. So they just go into an instrument as he lays there until he kind of looks up at the press box in Boulder Stadium points and asks, "Do you live up there?" immediately springs back up and they pick up with the song.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back