OT: If Clemson Win the Title this Year

jackedaround

Junior
Then isn't the ACC the strongest conference with 2 out of the last three titles and an appearance in 2014 by FSU?

Advertisement
Conference strength is about top-to-bottom productivity from most members of said conference. Outside of 2 teams...The ACC has been a joke. The SEC was the same way this year.

Does anyone know what the head to head conference game results summary between the ACC and the SEC looked like this past year?

Advertisement
ACC on the rise. Possibly could have 2 Heisman and S championships in last couple years. Dalvin shouldve been invited also!

You have FSU and Clemson at top, UNC had really good year. With coaching turnover it seems most teams will be improved and we got best coach of all soo hopefully we can get ourselves in that elite category sooner than later. ACC is getting better.

ACC has shot themselves in the foot because of what I believe to be programmatic weakness i.e. lack of institutional commitment to building top flight football programs.

The most obvious result is lack of top flight coaching. ACC is consistently putting plenty of guys in the league and I may be mistaken, but I believe ACC may have had more NFL draftees than any other conference last year. That to me indicates it isnt necessarily a talent issue.

If all this sounds like Miami, its because we were the poster child for this institutional complacency. And as fans have known for the past decade of mediocrity, no other program is it more inexcusable and more apparent the price a program pays when the institution isn't committed to winning.

In the past few weeks, I think the ACC has upgraded across the board in terms of coaching and we are seeing programs catch up, in some measure, with SEC programs.

Advertisement
Not saying that ACC is or isn't one of the strongest, but you have to look at the conference top to bottom. There is no doubt that Miami was the best team in the country circa the late 90s/early 2000s, but that doesn't mean the Big East overall was the top conference.

Advertisement
Boomer is favored for a reason. ESPN is beyond desperate for Bama to avoid the semi debacle last year and need them in the final for ratings. That's where the flip with Michigan State and Oklahoma came in. Do you really think Bama is a 9 point favorite over OU and MSU is a 3 point favorite over Clemson? OU is the best team going into the playoff and has a bigger brand than Clemson

Boomer is favored for a reason. ESPN is beyond desperate for Bama to avoid the semi debacle last year and need them in the final for ratings. That's where the flip with Michigan State and Oklahoma came in. Do you really think Bama is a 9 point favorite over OU and MSU is a 3 point favorite over Clemson? OU is the best team going into the playoff and has a bigger brand than Clemson

OU is straight garbage. This is the same team that got beat by Strong. Same team that could only beat a TCU team without Boykin and a depleted defense by 1 point. Iowa or Ohio St should be in the playoffs over OU.

Advertisement

OU is straight garbage. This is the same team that got beat by Strong. Same team that could only beat a TCU team without Boykin and a depleted defense by 1 point. Iowa or Ohio St should be in the playoffs over OU.

Waiting for "Big Game Bob" to lay another egg in these playoffs. He rarely disappoints. Get ready for another scene of Nick Saban holding a championship trophy aloft and the rednecks all chanting SEC! SEC! SEC! Doesn't matter who they play in the final. The refs will do just enough to make it a Bama win.

Boring and disgusting.

Last edited:

They also beat Baylor and destroyed Oklahoma St. TCU managed to pull a comeback after OU got comfortable. They're certainly beatable, but I would hardly call OU garbage. Probably the most balanced team in the playoffs.

Advertisement
Back