NFL OT: Fins v Rams

Advertisement
**** I'll take it.

There were also A LOT of easy grab drops today.

What I liked was the defense didn't let Goff leave the pocket and the pressure was suffocating. One of the CBs dropped a pick 6, would have put the game out of reach in the 3rd quarter. Fun game to watch.

Advertisement
The issue wasn’t necessarily Goff. They couldn’t protect him. We constantly were hitting him.
True, but this isn’t the first game he’s looked average, to me. I just don’t put him in the top group of QBs.

True, but this isn’t the first game he’s looked average, to me. I just don’t put him in the top group of QBs.
I wouldn’t either but if you were making a top 14 and you left him off I would want to know who you would put over him.

Russ
Rodgers
Big Ben
Lamar
Brady
Brees
Deshaun
Dak
Josh Allen
Kyler
Pat
Goff
T-Hill
Stafford

^obviously not in order but these are the great to elite QBs in the league.

Advertisement
I wouldn’t either but if you were making a top 14 and you left him off I would want to know who you would put over him.

Russ
Rodgers
Big Ben
Lamar
Brady
Brees
Deshaun
Dak
Josh Allen
Kyler
Pat
Goff
T-Hill
Stafford

^obviously not in order but these are the great to elite QBs in the league.
I think Goff’s ceiling is excelling as a game manager. This may ‘rank’ him the top 10-15 starting QBs in the league but that does not mean he’s great-to-elite. I will add the Rams have not being coached well since the SB loss. The bloom may be off Sean McVay as the next great NFL HC. He’s not on the hot seat but he is underachieving.

All IMO.

I think Goff’s ceiling is excelling as a game manager. This may ‘rank’ him the top 10-15 starting QBs in the league but that does not mean he’s great-to-elite. I will add the Rams have not being coached well since the SB loss. The bloom may be off Sean McVay as the next great NFL HC. He’s not on the hot seat but he is underachieving.

All IMO.
But at the end of the day what is a game manager? A good QB that wins games. I agree with you about McVay but after watching them for a full game I feel that they need to rebuild that entire line. Whitworth is probably going to wear a gold jacket one day but he’s 38, the RT was a guard last year, and that interior is soft too. Goff struggles vs. great pass D’s because they can hit him.

But at the end of the day what is a game manager? A good QB that wins games. I agree with you about McVay but after watching them for a full game I feel that they need to rebuild that entire line. Whitworth is probably going to wear a gold jacket one day but he’s 38, the RT was a guard last year, and that interior is soft too. Goff struggles vs. great pass D’s because they can hit him.
You’re right, and there’s nothing wrong with that. In Goff’s case it’s a $100M job. Elite salary.

I don’t put Goff in the same category as elite quarterbacks like Brady, Wilson, Brees, Rodgers, Mahomes, or Big Ben. I’m not saying he’s terrible or the Rams should trade or cut him and replace him. I need to see Goff perform in crunch time, leading late 4th quarter drives to win games on his shoulders. Maybe he has and I haven’t paid enough attention.

Advertisement
Back