OT: Earthquake Tremors felt.

Advertisement
Walking through downtown Atlanta at night is like a scene from the movie Judgement Night.

Have a place north of the ATL. Never felt it, but it shook a door **** almost completely off a door. Not kidding.

Advertisement
That's one reason I'm glad we live here. You know the hurricane is coming like a week away and can prepare. You can't prepare for the earthquake and you have minutes to prepare for the tornado.

Woke up my wife and therefore myself - I told her its a earthquake go back sleep - it was a 4.4 quake the second strongest ever recorded in eastern TN -

HOLY CRAP.
I live in the Atlanta, Ga area.
This morning a around 4:15 am I was woken up by our bedside table rattling and shaking. In early morning fog I'm thinking to myself "was that an earthquake ?"
Was a bit scary. Never been through something like that before.

https://www.ajc.com/news/early-morning-earthquake-jolts-atlanta-awake/XaJ4X6KUVsZ148XMAqXtML/
Welcome to my side of the country here in California. We get pretty frequent smaller earthquakes each year...I treat the slight bed shaking and seismic vibrations as a massage or foreplay...depends on the wifes' mood...

Advertisement
Welcome to my side of the country here in California. We get pretty frequent smaller earthquakes each year...I treat the slight bed shaking and seismic vibrations as a massage or foreplay...depends on the wifes' mood...
That's definitely taking advantage of a situation.

I woke up at 4 am to get some water and when I laid down I felt it. I too was thinking this can't be an earthquake. I've been in the northern Atlanta area since leaving Hallendale in the 80's and we've never had one here.

Advertisement
I live outside of Knoxville and didn't feel a thing. The news here said that the actual quake was here in East Tenn but it went down a fault towards Atlanta. ****, I guess I have to get earthquake insurance now.

Advertisement
Woke up my wife and therefore myself - I told her its a earthquake go back sleep - it was a 4.4 quake the second strongest ever recorded in eastern TN -

:biggrin-new: Go back to sleep it's just an earthquake. Me if we ever had an earthquake.

Me during a hurricane.

Advertisement
Back