OT: Dolphins stadium now back on schedule

Zbrod95

Thank God for the Columbus Mafia
Report: Stadium Renovation Back On Schedule

According to Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald, the Sun Life Stadium renovation project is now back on schedule.

Earlier this spring, the building team said the project was running behind schedule, forcing the University of Miami to look into a contingency plan for their first two home games.

Miami is scheduled to host FAMU on September 3rd and Florida Atlantic on September 10th. The next UM home game isn’t until October 8th.

If the stadium cannot be completed by the time Miami opens the season, The Hurricanes would likely look into playing their games at Florida International or Marlins Park. That situation is less than ideal with the Hurricanes having 40,000 season ticket holders.

The Miami Dolphins host their first home game of the season on September 25th. The Dolphins have assured UM that the renovations will be completed by their preseason game on August 25th.

Advertisement
Back on schedule after cutting a few corners... Niiiice.

Did anybody think the stadium wouldn't be finished in time? The Dolphins play two pre-season games there before the Hurricanes' home opener. You think Ross wants to refund the money season ticket holders are forced to pay for pre-season games? Not to mention the huge chunk he makes from parking and concessions?

40k season ticket holders? Must be a typo? We only get 15k people at our games

I might have preferred playing at Marlins stadium for the opener since it's the old Orange Bowl site.

Advertisement
I might have preferred playing at Marlins stadium for the opener since it's the old Orange Bowl site.

I wouldn't mind them playing at FIU stadium, it would look good packed in orange and green, but 22k isn't enough for the FAMU game.

Advertisement
Back