OT: CFB Rematch History?

Astcloud11

Senior
Premium
If Notre Dame upsets Bama, and Clemson does whats expected...would this be the first time in college football history that 2 teams met 3 times in 1 year?

Advertisement
If Notre Dame upsets Bama, and Clemson does whats expected...would this be the first time in college football history that 2 teams met 3 times in 1 year?
Would have to be, no? Bowls historically hated rematches, and that only gets you two games.

Advertisement

It would have only ever been possible since the creation of conference championship games in the 1990s.

Although UM did play the University of Havana twice during the regular season in 1926.

Oh for sure. Seeing Bama struggle w/ UF, & we know Clemson is more talented than UF, give me that same feel.
Exactly. I didn’t think Florida could compete, because Alabama never needed to bring more than four. Shouldn’t have been able to pass on them. Clemson can run and catch passes out of the backfield better than UF. They can throw it just as well. Alabama has been exposed

Advertisement
It would have only ever been possible since the creation of conference championship games in the 1990s.

Although UM did play the University of Havana twice during the regular season in 1926.

Was there good food at the game? Cafecitos, guarapos, pastelitos, Cuban sandwiches, mofongo, etc?

Exactly. I didn’t think Florida could compete, because Alabama never needed to bring more than four. Shouldn’t have been able to pass on them. Clemson can run and catch passes out of the backfield better than UF. They can throw it just as well. Alabama has been exposed

When schools only play teams in their own conference, no one really knows how good a conference or a team really is.

Was there good food at the game? Cafecitos, guarapos, pastelitos, Cuban sandwiches, mofongo, etc?

Guys were lighting up cigars in the stands, you could smoke back then.

I would just point out that Cuban sandwiches were invented in Tampa, not Havana or Miami.

Also, all the cars that were driven to the tailgate are still in use today in Cuba.

Advertisement
Guys were lighting up cigars in the stands, you could smoke back then.

I would just point out that Cuban sandwiches were invented in Tampa, not Havana or Miami.

Also, all the cars that were driven to the tailgate are still in use today in Cuba.

Touche mon ami!

Advertisement
Boring, the same old recycled ESPN storylines...CFB has jumped the shark, change the paradigm or put it out of its misery before it dies.

Advertisement
Back