Off-Topic OT: Awesome Dog needs a Home

My2Sense

Recruit
Premium
Hi all, I realize this is way off-topic (and may be moved) but I thought I'd share here with you fine Cane brethren. My friend rescued a stray dog and has nursed him back to health. He's a 'Black Mouth Cur' - we think about 2 years old in good health. We've tried finding his owners but to no avail. We assume he was abandoned.

He's a fantastic dog - loving, smart, and not at all aggressive (though he's strong as a bull and very, very playful). About 100 lbs. In any case, my friend cannot keep him and I can't take him in (already have a dog and 2 cats + a wife who has vetoed the idea).

Is anyone out there looking for a great dog to take in and call their own. Preferably a Cane fan with a little room in their yard for him to stretch his legs. We're in Pembroke Pines and I can try to answer any questions.

Much love fam and thanks in advance.

20221230_130208.jpg

Advertisement
What a handsome boy. We've been on the fence about a new dog. Went through a painful loss over a year ago and you know how that goes...doubt that wife will go for it, and although we have a good yard it's not fenced. Will float it by her. Thanks for sharing. Is he fixed? Do you know if he barks in a protective way? (Our American Bulldog was perfect - dude would make noises that no one wants to hear if they are trying to come into the house, and looked big/strong....but was harmless and a big goofball so I never worried about him biting anyone or hurting people/kids etc).

What a handsome boy. We've been on the fence about a new dog. Went through a painful loss over a year ago and you know how that goes...doubt that wife will go for it, and although we have a good yard it's not fenced. Will float it by her. Thanks for sharing. Is he fixed? Do you know if he barks in a protective way? (Our American Bulldog was perfect - dude would make noises that no one wants to hear if they are trying to come into the house, and looked big/strong....but was harmless and a big goofball so I never worried about him biting anyone or hurting people/kids etc).
Hey brother, thanks for connecting. He's not fixed. He has a very, very solid bark but I don't believe he's a constant barker. And I don't believe that anyone would dare come into your home once they got a look at him.

That said, he is - like your old Bulldog - harmless and a big goofball. Very playful but definitely could use training.

Advertisement
Hey brother, thanks for connecting. He's not fixed. He has a very, very solid bark but I don't believe he's a constant barker. And I don't believe that anyone would dare come into your home once they got a look at him.

That said, he is - like your old Bulldog - harmless and a big goofball. Very playful but definitely could use training.
Of course! Sorry for the multiple questions...for me it's a long shot but I suppose the answers are helpful to others as well. Really hope he finds a nice home and doesn't wind up in a shelter. That's a rough go for dogs, even if they do get adopted, poor things.

1. Is he housebroken and/or crate trained? Playful and rowdy is ok but then I guess also have to ask if he chews furniture and stuff ?

2. He seem ok with other dogs? We have a little one right now who can be stand offish with other dogs, but was fine with our old American Bulldog...but he was so passive...

Advertisement
Of course! Sorry for the multiple questions...for me it's a long shot but I suppose the answers are helpful to others as well. Really hope he finds a nice home and doesn't wind up in a shelter. That's a rough go for dogs, even if they do get adopted, poor things.

1. Is he housebroken and/or crate trained? Playful and rowdy is ok but then I guess also have to ask if he chews furniture and stuff ?

2. He seem ok with other dogs? We have a little one right now who can be stand offish with other dogs, but was fine with our old American Bulldog...but he was so passive...
Thanks so much for your interest and no apologies needed for your questions.

My sense is that he is housebroken but will check with our friend to confirm. He absolutely seems ok with other dogs and not aggressive - just really really wants to play. I don't know about the chewing furniture but will also ask and get back to you.

If anyone on here is a runner looking for a companion. Those BMC’s can go all day!!
I can vouch for this. Our friend who rescued the dog is actually my mother-in-law's caregiver (my mother-in-law is totally disabled and bedridden). She's a sweet lady but maybe 100lbs dripping wet and simply doesn't have the strength for the dog. So I go over there 4-5 a week to walk the dog and help out however I can. The dog has energy for days!

Heard back - her response: 'he doesn't make in the house - only when he goes out. And he doesn't chew furniture but loves to sit on the sofa. He thinks he's the King!'

messages_0 (5).jpeg

Advertisement
Hi all, I realize this is way off-topic (and may be moved) but I thought I'd share here with you fine Cane brethren. My friend rescued a stray dog and has nursed him back to health. He's a 'Black Mouth Cur' - we think about 2 years old in good health. We've tried finding his owners but to no avail. We assume he was abandoned.

He's a fantastic dog - loving, smart, and not at all aggressive (though he's strong as a bull and very, very playful). About 100 lbs. In any case, my friend cannot keep him and I can't take him in (already have a dog and 2 cats + a wife who has vetoed the idea).

Is anyone out there looking for a great dog to take in and call their own. Preferably a Cane fan with a little room in their yard for him to stretch his legs. We're in Pembroke Pines and I can try to answer any questions.

Much love fam and thanks in advance.

View attachment 224223
Someone's getting arrested for cuteness.

Advertisement
I no anudder awesome dawg dat needs a home . . . Da Mailman Stetson Bennett. Dat kid flat out balls! I’d dang shure givem a look at da nex levul. Y’all herd him shout out ta Nahunta in da post game interview.

Yup, Nahunta and Blackshear got a shout out from Stetson on national tv. Granny Hawkins was so proud!
She wuz prowd? My dang head blew up ta a size 8 3/4! I jus got my Redman snap back to fit agin. Canedog, u amember dat stray dog ole Skeet found out on Postum Farm Pond Rd? It wuz ugly az hel but reel sweet.

Sweet?! Dat dang ol dog dun bit Jethro Sumpters gal in the *** win it a got loose. Had the makins of a gud hog huntin dog Ifin it hadnt got run over bye dat log truck.
Yeah ole Billy Jo Hendershot wuz a drivin dat truck. He wuz half drunk an poppin No Doz like tic tacs. I thawt Skeet wuz gone whoop hiz *** but hiz old lady Becky Sue stepped in.

Ok, check on Facebook for Foster homes for dogs of that breed and type.
There are tons of groups on there which will help in placement with a temporary or permanent forever home for the big guy. Good luck.

Advertisement
Back