OT - ANY DOCTORS IN HERE (CHRONIC PAIN/FIBROMYALGIA)

Tart cherry juice does wonders for pain and helps to provide recuperative sleep. I would also suggest green tea/extract, propolis, B-17 and amla.
Find an Indian Bazaar or good health food market and ask for herbal remedies for any health issues. Do the research and you can heal anything.

Find ways to laugh as much as possible.

Advertisement
Tart cherry juice does wonders for pain and helps to provide recuperative sleep. I would also suggest green tea/extract, propolis, B-17 and amla.
Find an Indian Bazaar or good health food market and ask for herbal remedies for any health issues. Do the research and you can heal anything.

Find ways to laugh as much as possible.

Trader Joe's has great tart cherry juice at a good price.

I am not a doctor but my soon to be ex-suffered with Fibromyalgia and met a wall of distrust from doctors. She is a professional and very busy but her internist told her flat out that he did not beleive in Fibromyalgia. She had a lot of improvement after finally seeing a rhuematologist. I recommend getting a rhuematologist who a. is well versed in Fibromyalgia and b. who will be supportive. Your wife is fortunate for a supportive caring husband and lets wish her well moving forward.

Advertisement
Real talk... Anyone in here that works in the medical profession and deal with the subject? Need some serious help/info! Thanks in advance.

I am a Rheumatologist.Fibromyalgia is a pain threshold disorder .Pain is regulated by peripheral pain receptor sensitivity(Substance P increases it and central pain receptance(serotonin reduces it) . When serotonin goes down substance P goes up and minor tendon stresses and muscles become tense and painful. Antidepressants help increase serotonin and lower substance P . Cymbalta IMO is the most effective , Some patients told they have FIbro may have pinched nerves or inflammatory disease that can mimic it.Spondyloarthritis like Psoriatic Arthritis, Reiter's disease and Ankylosing spondylitis can act like Fibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia is best diagnosed by an experienced Rheumatologist as we originated the diagnosis.
90 percent of the patients are female.Estrogens raise serotonin in the brain and women can have PMS due to lowered serotonin during their ovarian cycles.. When they get into the menopause they lose the effect of estrogens which lowers their baseline level of serotonin. Family history of depression is common and irritable bowel is present in 35 percent of patients.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Real talk... Anyone in here that works in the medical profession and deal with the subject? Need some serious help/info! Thanks in advance.

I am a Rheumatologist.Fibromyalgia is a pain threshold disorder .Pain is regulated by peripheral pain receptor sensitivity(Substance P increases it and central pain receptance(serotonin reduces it) . When serotonin goes down substance P goes up and minor tendon stresses and muscles become tense and painful. Antidepressants help increase serotonin and lower substance P . Cymbalta IMO is the most effective , Some patients told they have FIbro may have pinched nerves or inflammatory disease that can mimic it.Spondyloarthritis like Psoriatic Arthritis, Reiter's disease and Ankylosing spondylitis can act like Fibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia is best diagnosed by an experienced Rheumatologist as we originated the diagnosis.
90 percent of the patients are female.Estrogens raise serotonin in the brain and women can have PMS due to lowered serotonin during their ovarian cycles.. When they get into the menopause they lose the effect of estrogens which lowers their baseline level of serotonin. Family history of depression is common and irritable bowel is present in 35 percent of patients.

She has continued to take the Cymbalta. 3 days now with no Lyrica and so much better minus the pain. She has an apt today with a different doctor to get another set of eyes. Hopefully they can prescribe something for the pain (preferably non-addictive). It was a good weekend though. Thanks to everyone who responded!

Advertisement
Back