a

Advertisement
The 400 meter dash says nothing about speed on a football field.

The 400 meter dash builds speed more then any other race. Usain Bolt ran the 400 meter dash his hole life. That's why he runs away from guy towards the end of the race.

Advertisement
We all know physically Blades is a freak, is he a football freak though? Not sure but I think Coach Rumph can bring it out of him.

Advertisement
Blades is a great football player and Miami was fortunate to get his commitment, but I don’t see how his ability to run 400m has anything to do with it. I didn’t see @jruiz comment as a slight.

Yeah I'm not saying anything against Blades, I like him a lot. I'm just of the opinion that a 400m time doesn't say much about speed on the football field.

Anyone know what Bennie Blades 400 times were? I think he was a State Champion at Piper.

Advertisement
The 400 meter dash builds speed more then any other race. Usain Bolt ran the 400 meter dash his hole life. That's why he runs away from guy towards the end of the race.

False Bolt built his fame running the 200 not the 400. He is on record saying he hates the 400.

Bolt success is that he is 6'6 with Long powerful Legs, quick turnover, and built in conditioning from running in the hills of Western Jamaica(Where my family is from)

Bolt frame allows him to cover more ground with less steps. Plus you add a childhood diet of Westmoreland Yam and that is what made him the fastest Sprinter ever.

And anyone who has ran track knows its the long sprints (300,400,500) that really gets you faster for the 100 and 200.

Yeah I'm not saying anything against Blades, I like him a lot. I'm just of the opinion that a 400m time doesn't say much about speed on the football field.

It was one sentence, I'm not sure why I'm being misunderstood.

You expressed doubt as to the validity of a 400m time in predicting football speed which is fair. I answered that I believe it does tell you something about speed, but more importantly, it tells you about endurance and toughness. 400m is a long way to sprint and 50 seconds is a long time to tell your legs and lungs that you won't die if you don't slow down. Seriously, for most of that race your body is screaming at you to stop before you hurt yourself and it takes toughness to tell it to **** off. My contention is that that toughness will pay off on the football field.

Advertisement
@Drewny1 you are wrong on a few things, or should I say...misinformed.

1. This ones going to be a little embarrassing for you but why would a boy who grew up in Sherwood Content, Trelawny be eating Westmoreland Yams when 60% of yam production in Jamaica comes from...Trelawny?

2. The long sprints, specifically special endurance have a place in training, but they do not get athletes faster, per se. Most European and Asian trained sprinters don’t do it at all. Plus, go look up the 200m PB’s of sub-9.80 Jamaican-born 100m sprinters Kemar Bailey-Cole or Donovan Bailey, you’ll notice near 21s times. Your statement is false.

3. 400m tells you NOTHING about how good of a football player someone is. I would say the same for the 100 and the 200 as well. There is no track conversion for football ability.

Aww you are right. Bush Country is Bush Country in my eyes tho lol. Also Donovan Bailey never ran sub 9.8 either

Ive mentioned this many times before but Michael Irvin ran 51s at the county meet. Now what does that tell you about his football ability as opposed to athletes who’ve run sub-50? Also, I’m fairly certain that IF HE WANTED TO Anthony Schwartz could run sub-48, probably sub-47. Why? Something called speed reserve. The time wouldn’t tell you anything about relative “toughness”. Mostly it tells you how well someone is trained FOR TRACK (not football) and how well their body processes lactic acid.

Unlike 40 times? And lactic acid clearance doesn't matter in football? There's o build up of fatigue, that all goes away when you sit on the bench?

I'm not saying good 400m time equals good football player, I'm saying good 400m equals guy with speed, endurance, and toughness.

False Bolt built his fame running the 200 not the 400. He is on record saying he hates the 400.

Bolt success is that he is 6'6 with Long powerful Legs, quick turnover, and built in conditioning from running in the hills of Western Jamaica(Where my family is from)

Bolt frame allows him to cover more ground with less steps. Plus you add a childhood diet of Westmoreland Yam and that is what made him the fastest Sprinter ever.

Ah de Provision give yuh powah, lol!

Advertisement
Back