Orange Bowl vs. Sun Life Stadium

Kirijax

Senior
My blood always starts boiling when I think of the past and present stadiums of the Miami Hurricanes. I have tried to embrace Sun Life but it feels the same as if my favorite dog died and someone replaced it with a robot dog. Just ain't the same. CBS compared the two and chose a winner. Here it is.

Tale of the Tape: Orange Bowl vs. Sun Life Stadium

OrangeBowl.7.jpg

Advertisement
While we can't do anything about location, I'm interested in seeing the renovations. Supposed to be done by the 2016 season. And then of course there is apparently a Beckham announcement today about the Miami soccer team. Who knows where that could lead to?

The Dolphins haven't won **** since they left the OB.

Neither have we.

But hey, you get a seat back now.

As far as the Orange Bowl, well...
[video=youtube;r0yXqU-w9U0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=r0yXqU-w9U0[/video]

Advertisement
The new near-campus stadium is going to make people forget the OB.

It's Donna's swan song and the sole reason she is working through the spring semester.

Reading recent posts with imbedded videos from yester year I enjoyed the great players and plays and then noticed wow, look how many crazed fans there are.

Walking in to the Arky State game seeing all the cars I was thinking maybe the place would be fairly crowded this time, but no - same sparse crowd. The OB's architecture, the closed end WEZ and psychos bringing it loud and proud made the place intimidating - true home field advantage that is sorely missing.

Advertisement
Small consolation but I want to see the renovations.

10,000 less seats to 65,000
That canopy thing
Seats closer to the field
Improved sound

It's something I guess.

miami-sun-life-stadium-renovation-rendering.jpg

It's beyond laughable to claim Sun Life is in a superior location. You've got to be a simpleton to prioritize access roads and centralized location as opposed to animosity and spice and purpose from the heart of a great city. I always envision the opponents chuckling on the bus ride to the middle of nowhere.

In our case it's even worse. I wanted to strangle Paul Dee when he said he had commissioned a study of alumni distribution. Completely irrelevant. Further from campus the more you sacrifice. Play on campus or nearby and there are countless permutations to connect campus events to the game. That goes on all over the country. I've been receiving emails from USC regarding homecoming activities next month. There are so many I couldn't begin to attend half of them, even if I had any attention of going out there this year. Miami sticks alumni and fans in an impractical and detrimental situation of the game so far removed from campus.

We have no idea what we are doing. Big picture dominates. Once we have a true visionary who prioritizes and accomplishes a new stadium in a competent location, then there's a chance.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back