One exciting thing for me on Defense

motorcitycane

Senior
Pass Breakups.

Miami got its hands on the football 7 times

In 2019
We had 41 passes defensed in 13 games for an average of 3.15 passes defensed per game.

Looking at some of the better pass defenses from 2019
Missouri averaged 4.8 PBU per game
LSU had 71 Passes defensed and averaged 4.73 Per game
Pitt averaged 4.7 per game.

These teams were excellent against the pass.

Hopefully this is the start of Miami getting their hands on the football more often. If we keep touching it eventually those get picked.

Advertisement
Advertisement
i was at the game and I thought the middle of the defensive line played very well at stopping UAB from any running game in the middle. Our linebackers seemed to play too far off the receivers like they were scared of getting beat. Also would like to see some big hits from the secondary and there weren't any. Bolden looks great but runs around a lot and seemed hesitant to hit anyone. Positive notes: the kickers killed it, every kickoff went into the end zone, no missed field goals or extra points, and the punts were awesome. The team overall looked well coached and limited silly or mental errors for a first game. Overall I liked what I saw.

Pass Breakups.

Miami got its hands on the football 7 times

In 2019
We had 41 passes defensed in 13 games for an average of 3.15 passes defensed per game.

Looking at some of the better pass defenses from 2019
Missouri averaged 4.8 PBU per game
LSU had 71 Passes defensed and averaged 4.73 Per game
Pitt averaged 4.7 per game.

These teams were excellent against the pass.

Hopefully this is the start of Miami getting their hands on the football more often. If we keep touching it eventually those get picked.
That’s because the UAB QB(s) suck and because our defense puts the players in a chase position not because Manny has concocted some amazing defense.

That’s because the UAB QB(s) suck and because our defense puts the players in a chase position not because Manny has concocted some amazing defense.
Is this the first time we've faced a QB that sucked? Is our defense in more chase positions than last year?

Is this the first time we've faced a QB that sucked? Is our defense in more chase positions than last year?
3 of 7 PDs were by DL. This was the stat line of UAB QB that sucked less. The point is that this defense makes most QBs un-suck.
91D2A2A9-91D5-43A2-99AC-FE4F697DD7E6.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back