On the blame of the NCAA for using players

hamburgerhipster

Band
Banned
How many of these kids are part of a situation where parental accountability is neglected? In other words how is the NCAA at the center of
The problem (schools make millions while kids barely get by bs) when ultimately the real problem is over empathizing with families who have no concept of family planning or keeping their legs closed when they know 100% they
Cannot remotely support a kid in such a bad environment in the first place.

The problem is too
Much empathy and a deceptive abuse of biblical garbage: let's keep the cycle of irresponsibility going because hey....the meek shall inherit the earth, right?

NCAA getting too much blame (gtfo with racism too) for
Others repeatedly poor decision making.

Advertisement
It would seem people in poverty situations would not, say bring a child into a deplorable situation. Yet it has and continues to happen across all cultures, not just the Black kids you're obviously referring to in this case. What you omit in your synopsis is that the kid has no say so on who they are born to. Plus, because they are poor does not inhibit them or anyone else from publicly acknowledging the fact that an organization of institutions are exceeding (taking advantage) of their rights over said individuals (players) as already recognized by the courts in the O'Banion case for one. Secondly, probably more importantly, is that "many" coaches have expressed the need for the institutions to share a larger portion of revenue with players. Lastly, while I too am dumbfounded by the lack of better decision making, I also understand that it's a smaller percentage of the whole of Black athletes that make those dumb decision. Since fate has obviously born you to the ruling race and even though you probably express even more strongly your disdain for Black people privately, you still propose that racism doesn't exist, that there is a level playing field or one should not openly express their acknowledgement of racism when they experience it. As a Black business owner I understand how disdain, disappointment and hatred may blind you to reality of social plights. For instance when I see many of the white persons in Tampa that panhandle for money, I ignore them whit the thought that, "with all the advantages being white affords you.....(insert a thousand reasons)", you deserve your fate. Yes, that cold hearted inhuman thought instead of being empathetic and sympathetic to the human circumstance.

I'm not sure how something that happened 17 or so years before a kid gets to college is more of the problem than the body that sets the rules and takes advantage of all athletes. I know they're getting an education but they are most definitely getting used by the NCAA. There's billions of dollars in college football. Some of these coaches are getting paid 5 million dollars by tax payers and the kids can't even go out on a boat for a party. It's ******* bull**** and what you're saying is a load right along with it. The kids have already made it to pretty much adulthood by the time they're getting screwed over by the NCAA. Your argument is invalid.

Last edited:
How many of these kids are part of a situation where parental accountability is neglected? In other words how is the NCAA at the center of
The problem (schools make millions while kids barely get by bs) when ultimately the real problem is over empathizing with families who have no concept of family planning or keeping their legs closed when they know 100% they

The problem is too
Much empathy and a deceptive abuse of biblical garbage: let's keep the cycle of irresponsibility going because hey....the meek shall inherit the earth, right?

Excellent example of people wanting their entertainment to the degree that they are more than willing to say **** the entertainer and the ludicrous ideological arguments they'll mount if he does anything that might alter said entertainment in any way. How dare the teenager getting his brain scrambled want to improve the situation he's in!? Doesn't he know it might adversely effect how you spend twelve hours on a handful of Saturday's every year!? As soon as you brush the Funyons off of yourself you're going to type up a post detailing exactly how selfish he is!

Advertisement

The problem is too

Excellent example of people wanting their entertainment to the degree that they are more than willing to say **** the entertainer and the ludicrous ideological arguments they'll mount if he does anything that might alter said entertainment in any way. How dare the teenager getting his brain scrambled want to improve the situation he's in!? Doesn't he know it might adversely effect how you spend twelve hours on a handful of Saturday's every year!? As soon as you brush the Funyons off of yourself you're going to type up a post detailing exactly how selfish he is!

Amen ! Though you have to smile at how the OP thinks he/she is somehow making irrefutable points in what is nothing more than a vapid bigoted rant. Couch-jockeys huh?!...ya gotta love 'em.

It would seem people in poverty situations would not, say bring a child into a deplorable situation. Yet it has and continues to happen across all cultures, not just the Black kids you're obviously referring to in this case. What you omit in your synopsis is that the kid has no say so on who they are born to. Plus, because they are poor does not inhibit them or anyone else from publicly acknowledging the fact that an organization of institutions are exceeding (taking advantage) of their rights over said individuals (players) as already recognized by the courts in the O'Banion case for one. Secondly, probably more importantly, is that "many" coaches have expressed the need for the institutions to share a larger portion of revenue with players. Lastly, while I too am dumbfounded by the lack of better decision making, I also understand that it's a smaller percentage of the whole of Black athletes that make those dumb decision. Since fate has obviously born you to the ruling race and even though you probably express even more strongly your disdain for Black people privately, you still propose that racism doesn't exist, that there is a level playing field or one should not openly express their acknowledgement of racism when they experience it. As a Black business owner I understand how disdain, disappointment and hatred may blind you to reality of social plights. For instance when I see many of the white persons in Tampa that panhandle for money, I ignore them whit the thought that, "with all the advantages being white affords you.....(insert a thousand reasons)", you deserve your fate. Yes, that cold hearted inhuman thought instead of being empathetic and sympathetic to the human circumstance.

It's not race. It's the values the parent instills in the kid. There are far more whites in poverty than blacks. But us whiteys don't wanna admit that. And the PC garbage has to stop too. Good, thoughtful, intelligent post BTW.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back