Oklahoma not bringing players back to campus until June 28th

Hoyacane1620

All American
Premium
Big 12 as a conference voted to begin bringing players back/voluntary workouts beginning around June 15th

Lincoln Riley has his own plan for OU, per their 247 site:

- no player will return to the campus prior to June 28th, and access to the facilities won’t be allowed until June 29th when they test players.

Also, right now, it sounds like testing at home, no matter where you live, is something OU is leaning toward, according to multiple sources who confirmed the 14-day quarantine we discussed last week.

- N95 masks are working to be distributed out to players. Several sources basically put it like this (paraphrasing): “You don’t want to be the guy that got everyone sick cause you were too cool for the masks. Players know the deal.”

- No workouts will begin prior to July 1st in Norman. One thing that isn’t up for debate is July 1st and the safety of the players.

Advertisement
Wearing N95's through practice and workouts will either give them the best conditioned team or result in slight brain damage due to oxygen deprivation.
Saw a report some people are getting a form of epidermal fungus in the area at the top of the mask. Either sweat or condensation from our exhaling...

Advertisement
Seems like there is going to be a real range of when teams are getting kids back.

SEC starting 6/8.

I saw a note that Clemson’s starting the end of next week to bring guys back.

How long before Donald threatens to withhold federal funding from schools who remained closed :D

Advertisement
How long before Donald threatens to withhold federal funding from schools who remained closed :D
1 hour for the threat.
But since the executive branch doesn't control the purse strings, this threat is as legally viable as ordering churches open in contravention of state law.
I'm not picking on trump before I am accused of doing so. Most presidents try to expand the power of the executive branch and have their hands slapped by the legislative and judicial branches

Advertisement
The wagon

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back