Ok CiS... ads are getting a *bit* ridiculous at this point...

HurricaneAce07

Class of 2007
Yes, site is free. Yes, we have the option to *pay* for ad-less content. But past few weeks has gotten unbearable with the amount of overlapping ads on each page... The below image is what I see when I open a thread. You see an eye-level ad (mid), a scroll ad (bottom) and NOW we have a video-imbedded ad on the far right that auto-plays when the page opens. There's a right way to do web ads and there's a wrong way; this is the wrong way unless your intent is to force us into paying for ad-less content.

ads.JPG

Advertisement
Ads ads ads ads. The nerve of people to complain about something the get for free. This is what’s wrong with society. Either deal with the ads and save your $2 or pay the people for no ads.
Normally, I agree but on mobile sometimes it develops an ad so big that it takes up the entire page, and you have to reload the page entirely to get rid of it. I don't mind clicking on the occasional ad to bring revenue in, but when the page coding ***** up repeatedly because of it, it should be toned back slightly.

Advertisement
Ads ads ads ads. The nerve of people to complain about something the get for free. This is what’s wrong with society. Either deal with the ads and save your $2 or pay the people for no ads.
The problem isn't ads. It's the amount of ads and location of ads. There is a strong correlation with the addition of ad-less subscription fees and the significant increase in ads + location. Eventually, you lose viewership numbers due to the annoyance.

Personally, I considered the $25 a donation and not a fee. All of us get so much good information between this board and especially the recruiting board during the coarse of a year.

Signed,

Peruche
I wondered why I wasn't having this problem, and completely forgot I donated $25.

Advertisement
Normally, I agree but on mobile sometimes it develops an ad so big that it takes up the entire page, and you have to reload the page entirely to get rid of it. I don't mind clicking on the occasional ad to bring revenue in, but when the page coding ***** up repeatedly because of it, it should be toned back slightly.

That happens rather frequently for me as well. You can reload or if you wait, the ad scrolls back up.

Pay $25/yr for ad-free content. A bit over $2/month. Half a cup of coffee, or half a low-end beer. Less stress if the ads bother you that much.

Also helps support the site owners and admins.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back