Oh My ****

I didn't see any "gadgets" besides the lights for the Cone Drills. Just weights.

By former Canes I hope you mean pre 2008. Pre-2008 Canes may say no considering they weren't brought up in the new era of CFB.

I consider all of those machines that measure your "explosiveness" and "reaction time" to be unnecessary gadgets

In terms of power/Olympic lifts and stretching, I'm pretty sure our strength program covers all of those bases

All that was is a ghey "rah rah, look at us" video

SPARQ is going to be used a lot going forward imo; the Seahawks already use it. While I agree that you don't need those "gadgets" to win, it does help in determining a player's athleticism which a lot of coaches with certain schemes take into account when recruiting their players.

Well as far as I know, SPARQ is primarily used to measure kids on the HS level, and it provides college coaches a "measurement" of a recruits athleticism. However, by no means is that an absolute indication of how good of a player that recruit is going to be.

I know plenty of kids who blew the SPARQ camps out of the water, but it didn't necessarily translate to the field, for whatever reason. They were just good athletes.

I think the system is a tad bit overrated.

I heard about a brand new cutting edge system that guarantees numerous future 1st round picks. It is called the BBB.

:sanford2:

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back