Official Visits Limited to 56 Plus 6 Carryover is it Enough

Paranos

All-ACC
With the NCAA limiting schools to 56 OV's annually plus the ability to carryover 6 unused OV's from the previous year, I am wondering if UM will have enough to finish out with a strong class if we have to move to plan B or C recruits. UM has used quite a few OV's already in the month of June to have so few commits on board.

Many out of state recruits either can't afford or unwilling to cover the expense to unofficially visit. From the state line to UM is roughly a 6-8 hrs car ride one way and to fly is astronomically expensive. For instance 2022 OT Malik Agbo from Washington wanted to visit UM again on a UV but it would cost roughly $2K for that trip. With Miami choosing to focus on so many out of state recruits for the 2022 recruiting class, both staff & recruits will need a high ROI.

13.6.2.3.5 Football. In football, an institution may provide 56 official visits an annual basis ( April 1 through March 31). The institution must maintain a written record of the visits provided. (Revised: 5/11/18, 5/16/18, 1/22/20)

13.6.2.3.5.1 Unused Visits -- Football. In football, an institution may retain a maximum of six unused visits from the previous year. Such visits may be used only during the following year. (Adopted: 1/14/97 effective 8/1/97, Revised: 11/1/01 effective 8/1/02, 12/15/06, 10/29/09, 5/11/18, 1/22/20)

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
This was my fear of using so many OV’s off the jump. It’s a joke that the ncaa didn’t allow for young men who have been in a year+ dead period to take two OV’s to 3-5 schools if they were interested. I’m worried that a summer ov seems like a decade ago to most high school recruits by the time December rolls around

Advertisement
Back