Official team hotel in Austin

TpaBayFlyFisher

World Class Angler
Premium
Does anyone know which hotel the team [bosters fans] are using in Austin? I have tickets, now just need a room.................

Advertisement
Don't know, but hotels are not difficult. Just booked about 4 miles away from the arena. Hyatt for $138 includes breakfast and free parking.

Does anyone know which hotel the team [bosters fans] are using in Austin? I have tickets, now just need a room.................

The team always stays at a Holiday Inn Express. None of them are actually any good at basketball, but they stay at a Holiday Inn Express and they become great players overnight.

Advertisement
I remember hanging at the hotel in Fayeteville when £1 UNLV was in town to play the £2 Hogs, about 1990. Pandemonium. Greg Anthony was in a Jacuzzi with naked floozies and some guy they called "Jaime The Fixer".

Tarkanian comes into the open lobby/lounge with a posse of Vegas style goons and tacky dressed hangers on, grabs a nacho off my plate, nods and says "hi there" like he knew me. I asked what he planned to do about our full court trap, and he said "release on defense, every time".

Well, they didn't, first half, and were down by 8. Second half, they released, got every rebound and threw the long pass for a dunk to the release guy and rolled us. :(

Celebrities everywhere. We were hanging' with our main client, Don Tyson, and his guests. My future wife told Wayne Gretzy he was funny on the SNL episode, and asked if they were going to make him a full time cast member (didn't know who he was). Future wife left with Tyson, I (a 1L at the time) smartly gave my extra ticket to a hot little Korean girl, (who started off gameday morning by making me breakfast, first date, she answers door that morning in bra and panties :) Anyway, Vanilla Ice sat at our table, wearing all Canes clothing, and so on. Good times.

Tarkanian was a character

Only better team hotel story was the Cotton Bowl earlier that year with Craig Erickson and the guys.

Advertisement
No offense, because they try hard, but I've given up getting my tickets through the HC. When I call, I find they generally can't tell you anything, orders get filled late, seat selections are usually not very good and it is an unsatisfying experience. I am all for helping the school out, but I have my limits and it is just easier to figure out where the Canes section might be, and use stub hub. Now for something like an NCAA tournament, it may be different, but for football I've given them at least 10 tries.

So the thought of asking them for a hotel recommendation struck me as funny. If the question was to ask them for the hotel the team is staying in, that is different but that isn't the way it was worded.

That's funny. Really.

Call Hurricane Club for a recommendation.

Explain....

Advertisement
Back