Official Make Your Canes Prediction Thread!

Love my Canes---BUT---Fl. State- UNC- VA Tech and Notre Dame have had our number long enough...Get through 3 of these 4 and it's a good season...If he's healthy we need to throw in Evidence as a game buster..

Advertisement
Great write up but we ain't losing to Notre Dump at home..../and if we do win the acccg no way we get left out of the playoffs.

Other than that from your fingertips to Gods eyes.

Miami losing to ND at home??? I seriously doubt it...they will likely be in struggle mode by the time that game rolls around.
I can see Miami possibly losing a trap game to UNC or Duke on the road.

They were 3-5 when we lost to them last year. All I'm saying.

Advertisement
UGA will start season 0-2

Georgia should absolutely win the SEC East this year IMO (Florida defense isn't going to be the same + Tennessee will be down). Doubt they lose to App St, but that Notre Dame game will tell us something about both teams.

Last edited:
------------------ OFFENSE -----------------
QB: Perry - Sheriff - Rosier(T) - Weldon
- If everyone is even then what is the point of playing the upperclassmen? Just get the future started now with Perry. Why start QB who have been here longer then Perry and can't separate from him?
RB: Walton - Homer - Gray - Atkins - Burns (RS)
WR: Richards - Mullins
Richard is going to be an All-American
WR: Cager or Dallas - Harris

- Feeling Cager right now. Cager could of started last year so I'm expecting a big year this year. Hopefully his situation isn't like Owens where his injury just completely takes away his speed.
SR: Berrios or Thomas - Harley
- I know much people have lost faith in Berrios and I get that but I think he could have a Ryan Switzer type year if Richt just takes a couple plays from UNC playbook. Richt got a first hand look at how UNC used Switzer so use him that way and he could be a first down machine dude is shifty and a good route runner.
TE: Herndon - Irving - Curry - Polendy
- We're gonna have to hold our breath at TE. I see a lot of 5 WR sets with Herndon flexed out. I got 0 confidence in anyone behind Herndon.
LT: McDoorMatt - Herbert - Dykstra
- Man we deperately need McDermett to be solid all season especially against the tough defenses at schools that recruited well. TBH, I'm using McDermett as a indicator as to how legit our S&C programis. In year 2 of the S&C program If McDermett can play solid against VT, ND, FSU, and UNC We byke!
LG: Darling - Mahoney - Johnson
- It seems the coaching staff is staring to get Trevor to motivate himself. He is a solid OL but in pass pro he is just to heavy and can't really move his feet so he need to lose the bad weight.
CE: Gauthier - Gaynor - Mahoney
RG: Donaldson - Jones - Milo
RT: St. Louis - Brown Jr. - Hillery

------------------ DEFENSE -----------------
DE: Jackson - Harris - Garvin
- 10 Sacks for Jackson! I'm calling it.
DT: Norton - Moten - Fines
- All ACC for Norton
DT: McIntosh - Bethel - Martin or Ford (If Ford makes it in)
- All ACC for McIntosh
DE: Thomas - Jackson and Patchan - Johnson
- It time for Chad Thomas to finally be the guy we all hoped he'd be.
WB: Pinckney - Owens - Wilder
LB: Quarterman - Smith - Jennings - Steed
SB: McCloud - Perry - Jennings
CB: Delaney - Jackson - Dallas

- Size, Physical, and a Ballhawk w/ Delaney.
CB: Dean - Young - Murphy
- Speed, Size, and Length w/ Dean.
NC: Young - Bandy - Dean
- Young seem better suited for the Nickel but I'd be just as fine if he is on the outside.
FS: Redwine - Knowles - Smith
- I think Redwine will really surprise us this season.
SS: Johnson - Carter - Finely
- 4 Picks for Johnson and I think Johnson will play a lot of Nickel if our of our CB get hurt
------------------ SPECIAL -----------------
PR: Thomas or Dallas - Berrios
KR: Thomas and Harley or Thomas and Dallas - Harley and Dallas
PK: Badgley
PU: Feagles
KO: Badgley
LS: Butler

------------------ SCHEDULE -----------------
(Games are not in order)

B-CU
Score: 55-6, UM (#17, 1-0, 0-0)
Chance to win: 100%
- Child please.. Kiss the baby.

ARK ST
Score: 45-9, UM (#16, 2-0, 0-0)
Chance to win: 99%
- Another App State type game. Solid G5 team but just doesn't have the horses to race. Our QB would have to throw like 5 picks and even then I still think we win.

FSU
Score: 21-13, FSU (#24, 2-1, 0-1)
Chance to win: 43%
- It one of those wait and see games. Whether it Rosier, Weldon, Perry, or Evans is the starter I just don't like our chances this early in the season. The Competition literally goes from B*tch please, Below Average, to Top 10 maybe even top 5 in the nation and we play them at their place. I mean, if we played a ACC warm-up like Duke or Virginia before this game then I'd feel better as they would have at least played a P5 school before hand but they don't so I don't like our chances.

TOLEDO
Score: 48-20, UM (#23, 3-1, 0-1)
Chance to win: 95%
- Ion see it. I know they had a close game against BYU and they had a QB who threw 45 TD to 9 Int but this is just a different type of speed that they won't be ready for. I don't think their OL will hold up and I think our CB, who have NFL aspiration, will probably try to shutdown their passing attack. This is the game that our DB will start turning NFL scouts' head.

DUKE
Score: 38-14, UM (#20, 4-1, 1-1)
Chance to win: 94%
- They're far removed from those solid competitive Duke teams and we are far removed from having a incompetent coaching staff that allows us to lose to the likes of Duke.

GT
Score: 35-17, UM (#18, 5-1, 2-1)
Chance to win: 89%
- We got a bye before this game so that always good. Can't remember the last time we lost to GT at home.

SYRACUSE
Score: 52-24, UM (#16, 6-1, 3-1)
- This team scares me. Their offense is explosive and you don't know if it just one of those games where they play very well offensively. I don't think their defense can stop a nose bleed so I could see us explode offensively as well.

UNC
Score: 31-13, UM (#15, 7-1, 4-1)
Chance to win: 82%
- When they beat us in 2015 it was because of a break out senior QB in Williams. When they beat us last year it was because of a breakout QB who most UNC fans felt 100% comfortable with him becoming a star. What did both teams that beat us have in common? The skills position. They lost EVERYONE. Hood gone, Logan gone, Switzer gone, Hollins gone. Everyone you can think of that made their offense so potent is gone. The defense will be the backbone of this team but they finished like 71st last year. So in theory this game won't be close.

VT
Score: 28-17, UM (#11, 8-1, 5-1)
Chance to win: 63%
- This will probably be a defensive game with maybe the Coastal Division title on the line. VT lost their difference maker last year in Jerod Evans along with their entire offense so I don't see them having enough offense to win the game

ND
Score: 24-21, ND (#16, 8-2, 5-1)
Chance to win: 50%
- Listen, I know people want to ride this game off as if it an automatic W but lets be logical here for a second. We lost to a 4-8 team. IDC how bad the O-line played or the fact Carter has no hands and can't pick up a **** ball right on his **** lap. They were 4-8 and lost to a Duke team we smashed by 30+ points. They have no where to go but up because they couldn't get any worse. This is, to me, is another wait and see game because I can't get over the fact that we were one of 4 teams to lost to those pos.

UVA
Score: 42-13, UM (#14, 9-2, 6-1)
Chance to win: 93%
- I think the days of losing to teams with Inferior Talent w/ Mediocre coaches is over IMO.

PITT
Score: 35-24, UM (#10, 10-2, 7-1)
Chance to win: 81%
- I think the weather will have us a bit sluggish out the gate but we'll pick it up in the 2nd half.
- I think with so many Rivalry games happening during the final week of the season school will drop and we'll sneak into the top 10 to finish the season.
------------------ POSTSEASON -----------------
LOUISVILLE - ACC Championship Game
Score: 38-31, UM (#6, 11-2, 8-1)
Chance to win: 49%
- I think we go into the game as the underdogs and pull off the upset and somewhat shut Jackson down.
- I think Lamar Jackson will be more focus on the team success instead of individual success and will get them over the hump. I think LOU @ FSU decides the Atlantic and Jackson and the Cards' defense carries the team to victory in Trailerhassee in a closer game of course.

GEORGIA - Orange Bowl
Score: 24-20, UM (#4 , 12-2, 8-1)
Chance to win: 54%
- This was not planned I went with a SEC Team because If you win the ACC but not in the playoffs you get a automatic bid to the Orange Bowl and there is kinda of rule where the Big Ten and SEC flip flop if one or the other make the Orange Bowl the year before (Michigan).
- I think Alabama makes playoffs, a good Georgia team makes the SEC Title game, loses and gets us in the Orange Bowl. Georgia or Wisconsin.
- The Orange Bowl is basically a home game advantage so any team that played us would be at an huge disadvantage.
------------------ RESULTS -----------------
Final Poll Ranking: #4
Coaches Poll Ranking: #3
AP Poll Rankings: #5

Offensive Ranking: 36.6 (19th)
Defensive Ranking: 17.2 (8th)
------------------ RECRUITING -----------------
Miami Hurricanes Recruiting Ranking: 4th

1) Ohio State
2) Alabama
3) Southern Cal
4) Miami
5) Texas
6) Florida St
------------------ '18 PRESEASON -----------------
Miami Hurricanes Preseason Ranking: 5th
----------------------------------------------

*I feel this way all because of Linda departure.

Hope you dont mind, I stickied your thread and made it the official make your canes prediction thread! If you do mind you are band . . . I keed I keed! Nice writeup.

Advertisement
I agree with everything but Louisville being in the ACC championship game. I think FSU is going to lock down Jackson and it will be us vs FSU

I don't necessarily like are chances early in trailerhasse but would love a chance for a rematch at the end of the season. Feel like a lot of our young players will have grown tremendously by that point and we beat them for the ACCCG title.

------------------ OFFENSE -----------------
QB: Perry - Sheriff - Rosier(T) - Weldon
- If everyone is even then what is the point of playing the upperclassmen? Just get the future started now with Perry. Why start QB who have been here longer then Perry and can't separate from him?
RB: Walton - Homer - Gray - Atkins - Burns (RS)
WR: Richards - Mullins
Richard is going to be an All-American
WR: Cager or Dallas - Harris

- Feeling Cager right now. Cager could of started last year so I'm expecting a big year this year. Hopefully his situation isn't like Owens where his injury just completely takes away his speed.
SR: Berrios or Thomas - Harley
- I know much people have lost faith in Berrios and I get that but I think he could have a Ryan Switzer type year if Richt just takes a couple plays from UNC playbook. Richt got a first hand look at how UNC used Switzer so use him that way and he could be a first down machine dude is shifty and a good route runner.
TE: Herndon - Irving - Curry - Polendy
- We're gonna have to hold our breath at TE. I see a lot of 5 WR sets with Herndon flexed out. I got 0 confidence in anyone behind Herndon.
LT: McDoorMatt - Herbert - Dykstra
- Man we deperately need McDermett to be solid all season especially against the tough defenses at schools that recruited well. TBH, I'm using McDermett as a indicator as to how legit our S&C programis. In year 2 of the S&C program If McDermett can play solid against VT, ND, FSU, and UNC We byke!
LG: Darling - Mahoney - Johnson
- It seems the coaching staff is staring to get Trevor to motivate himself. He is a solid OL but in pass pro he is just to heavy and can't really move his feet so he need to lose the bad weight.
CE: Gauthier - Gaynor - Mahoney
RG: Donaldson - Jones - Milo
RT: St. Louis - Brown Jr. - Hillery

------------------ DEFENSE -----------------
DE: Jackson - Harris - Garvin
- 10 Sacks for Jackson! I'm calling it.
DT: Norton - Moten - Fines
- All ACC for Norton
DT: McIntosh - Bethel - Martin or Ford (If Ford makes it in)
- All ACC for McIntosh
DE: Thomas - Jackson and Patchan - Johnson
- It time for Chad Thomas to finally be the guy we all hoped he'd be.
WB: Pinckney - Owens - Wilder
LB: Quarterman - Smith - Jennings - Steed
SB: McCloud - Perry - Jennings
CB: Delaney - Jackson - Dallas

- Size, Physical, and a Ballhawk w/ Delaney.
CB: Dean - Young - Murphy
- Speed, Size, and Length w/ Dean.
NC: Young - Bandy - Dean
- Young seem better suited for the Nickel but I'd be just as fine if he is on the outside.
FS: Redwine - Knowles - Smith
- I think Redwine will really surprise us this season.
SS: Johnson - Carter - Finely
- 4 Picks for Johnson and I think Johnson will play a lot of Nickel if our of our CB get hurt
------------------ SPECIAL -----------------
PR: Thomas or Dallas - Berrios
KR: Thomas and Harley or Thomas and Dallas - Harley and Dallas
PK: Badgley
PU: Feagles
KO: Badgley
LS: Butler

------------------ SCHEDULE -----------------
(Games are not in order)

B-CU
Score: 55-6, UM (#17, 1-0, 0-0)
Chance to win: 100%
- Child please.. Kiss the baby.

ARK ST
Score: 45-9, UM (#16, 2-0, 0-0)
Chance to win: 99%
- Another App State type game. Solid G5 team but just doesn't have the horses to race. Our QB would have to throw like 5 picks and even then I still think we win.

FSU
Score: 21-13, FSU (#24, 2-1, 0-1)
Chance to win: 43%
- It one of those wait and see games. Whether it Rosier, Weldon, Perry, or Evans is the starter I just don't like our chances this early in the season. The Competition literally goes from B*tch please, Below Average, to Top 10 maybe even top 5 in the nation and we play them at their place. I mean, if we played a ACC warm-up like Duke or Virginia before this game then I'd feel better as they would have at least played a P5 school before hand but they don't so I don't like our chances.

TOLEDO
Score: 48-20, UM (#23, 3-1, 0-1)
Chance to win: 95%
- Ion see it. I know they had a close game against BYU and they had a QB who threw 45 TD to 9 Int but this is just a different type of speed that they won't be ready for. I don't think their OL will hold up and I think our CB, who have NFL aspiration, will probably try to shutdown their passing attack. This is the game that our DB will start turning NFL scouts' head.

DUKE
Score: 38-14, UM (#20, 4-1, 1-1)
Chance to win: 94%
- They're far removed from those solid competitive Duke teams and we are far removed from having a incompetent coaching staff that allows us to lose to the likes of Duke.

GT
Score: 35-17, UM (#18, 5-1, 2-1)
- We got a bye before this game so that always good. Can't remember the last time we lost to GT at home.

SYRACUSE
Score: 52-24, UM (#16, 6-1, 3-1)
- This team scares me. Their offense is explosive and you don't know if it just one of those games where they play very well offensively. I don't think their defense can stop a nose bleed so I could see us explode offensively as well.

UNC
Score: 31-13, UM (#15, 7-1, 4-1)
Chance to win: 82%
- When they beat us in 2015 it was because of a break out senior QB in Williams. When they beat us last year it was because of a breakout QB who most UNC fans felt 100% comfortable with him becoming a star. What did both teams that beat us have in common? The skills position. They lost EVERYONE. Hood gone, Logan gone, Switzer gone, Hollins gone. Everyone you can think of that made their offense so potent is gone. The defense will be the backbone of this team but they finished like 71st last year. So in theory this game won't be close.

VT
Score: 28-17, UM (#11, 8-1, 5-1)
Chance to win: 63%
- This will probably be a defensive game with maybe the Coastal Division title on the line. VT lost their difference maker last year in Jerod Evans along with their entire offense so I don't see them having enough offense to win the game

ND
Score: 24-21, ND (#16, 8-2, 5-1)
Chance to win: 50%
- Listen, I know people want to ride this game off as if it an automatic W but lets be logical here for a second. We lost to a 4-8 team. IDC how bad the O-line played or the fact Carter has no hands and can't pick up a **** ball right on his **** lap. They were 4-8 and lost to a Duke team we smashed by 30+ points. They have no where to go but up because they couldn't get any worse. This is, to me, is another wait and see game because I can't get over the fact that we were one of 4 teams to lost to those pos.

UVA
Score: 42-13, UM (#14, 9-2, 6-1)
Chance to win: 93%
- I think the days of losing to teams with Inferior Talent w/ Mediocre coaches is over IMO.

PITT
Score: 35-24, UM (#10, 10-2, 7-1)
Chance to win: 81%
- I think the weather will have us a bit sluggish out the gate but we'll pick it up in the 2nd half.
- I think with so many Rivalry games happening during the final week of the season school will drop and we'll sneak into the top 10 to finish the season.
------------------ POSTSEASON -----------------
LOUISVILLE - ACC Championship Game
Score: 38-31, UM (#6, 11-2, 8-1)
Chance to win: 49%
- I think we go into the game as the underdogs and pull off the upset and somewhat shut Jackson down.
- I think Lamar Jackson will be more focus on the team success instead of individual success and will get them over the hump. I think LOU @ FSU decides the Atlantic and Jackson and the Cards' defense carries the team to victory in Trailerhassee in a closer game of course.

GEORGIA - Orange Bowl
Score: 24-20, UM (#4 , 12-2, 8-1)
Chance to win: 54%
- This was not planned I went with a SEC Team because If you win the ACC but not in the playoffs you get a automatic bid to the Orange Bowl and there is kinda of rule where the Big Ten and SEC flip flop if one or the other make the Orange Bowl the year before (Michigan).
- I think Alabama makes playoffs, a good Georgia team makes the SEC Title game, loses and gets us in the Orange Bowl. Georgia or Wisconsin.
- The Orange Bowl is basically a home game advantage so any team that played us would be at an huge disadvantage.
------------------ RESULTS -----------------
Final Poll Ranking: #4
Coaches Poll Ranking: #3
AP Poll Rankings: #5

Offensive Ranking: 36.6 (19th)
Defensive Ranking: 17.2 (8th)
------------------ RECRUITING -----------------
Miami Hurricanes Recruiting Ranking: 4th

1) Ohio State
2) Alabama
3) Southern Cal
4) Miami
5) Texas
6) Florida St
------------------ '18 PRESEASON -----------------
Miami Hurricanes Preseason Ranking: 5th
----------------------------------------------

*I feel this way all because of Linda departure.

I also say 10-2 in the regular season, but the second loss to Pitt instead of ND. I see FSU beating UM again in the conference championship, then UM winning a bowl.

If UM beats FSU in game 3, and it is possible when you consider that a missed PAT was the difference last year, then the sky is the limit, including a 15-0 National Championship.

Advertisement
I agree with MOST of your predictions.

I think we'll beat ND. I think that VT game is going to the second most physical game we play and closer than you predicted. Now the one sleeper game I'm most concerned with is the last game of the season, Pitt at their house. Cold weather and a very talented team at that. Only time will tell.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back