***OFFICAIL ACC TOURNAMENT FINAL GAME THREAD VS UMD***

I have to show Rion some love. I have given him a lot of **** all year, but today, dude stepped up. In my eyes this was his best game of the year.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I have to show Rion some love. I have given him a lot of **** all year, but today, dude stepped up. In my eyes this was is best game of the year.

Rion and Trey both had their best games in the most important game of the season so far. It couldn't have come at a better time since Durand and Kenny weren't playing great.

Also, where the **** was the foul call on the push against Durand 28 seconds in? That was a horse **** no call. And my only complaint about referees today who I thought were exceedingly good.

I had no computer access during the game, but I want to give a special man love shout out to Erik Swoope who got called on to do the impossible and guard Hairston who could have scored against LBJ today. He kept close for a lot of the game and gave us 9 minutes that were big on defense even if they scored, he was a big part of preventing "the run" from occurring.

If anybody can turn Swoope from an athlete into a basketball player it's Coach L. Interested in seeing if he becomes productive next year. He seems like a George Mason level type player.

Advertisement
I had no computer access during the game, but I want to give a special man love shout out to Erik Swoope who got called on to do the impossible and guard Hairston who could have scored against LBJ today. He kept close for a lot of the game and gave us 9 minutes that were big on defense even if they scored, he was a big part of preventing "the run" from occurring.

If anybody can turn Swoope from an athlete into a basketball player it's Coach L. Interested in seeing if he becomes productive next year. He seems like a George Mason level type player.

We are going to need him to drop 7-10 a game for us next year.

I have to show Rion some love. I have given him a lot of **** all year, but today, dude stepped up. In my eyes this was his best game of the year.

GT was but I see what your saying.

No, it wasn't.

I don't give a **** if he scores against some garbage *** bottom feeder. If you've focused on him at all this season, which I have because he drives me ******* nuts, today was the absolute best he's played. He was active enough defensively, which is the biggest concern with him playing so many minutes, and he moved his **** feet to find quality shooting spots when UNC decided to zone up.

His elbow jumper to break their 2-3 look was the best play he's made all season, because it showed something he hasn't done for large stretches. I saw that play and said "FINALLY the boy is starting to get it." Standing on the wing waiting for a pass doesn't do **** for us. But if you're running around, moving the defense? **** yeah, I can work with that. You have Shane ******' Larkin, kid. Anything you can do to affect the defensive looks just makes him that much harder to defend. Just a great effort when we needed it most. Proud of him today.

GT was but I see what your saying.

No, it wasn't.

I don't give a **** if he scores against some garbage *** bottom feeder. If you've focused on him at all this season, which I have because he drives me ****ing nuts, today was the absolute best he's played. He was active enough defensively, which is the biggest concern with him playing so many minutes, and he moved his **** feet to find quality shooting spots when UNC decided to zone up.

His elbow jumper to break their 2-3 look was the best play he's made all season, because it showed something he hasn't done for large stretches. I saw that play and said "FINALLY the boy is starting to get it." Standing on the wing waiting for a pass doesn't do **** for us. But if you're running around, moving the defense? **** yeah, I can work with that. You have Shane ****in' Larkin, kid. Anything you can do to affect the defensive looks just makes him that much harder to defend. Just a great effort when we needed it most. Proud of him today.

PCity, I see why you would think that, but DCF saw what I did today. If we can get this from him the rest of the way, it will make us a tougher out.

Advertisement
What will make us such a tough out in a 1 and Done format is we are extremely versatile. Kadji did nothing the last two days. No problem, Durand picked it up yesterday. Today TMJ, Rion and Gamble were BETTER than what UNC could put out there. And the whole way through, Shane is the straw that stirs the drink.

It's not realistic to expect Rion to play every game like he did today. But if he can give us one great game during the Tournament? We probably aren't losing that day. TMJ goes ham? We aren't losing that game. As long as somebody steps up to fill the scoring void, we can go as far as we want to.

What will make us such a tough out in a 1 and Done format is we are extremely versatile. Kadji did nothing the last two days. No problem, Durand picked it up yesterday. Today TMJ, Rion and Gamble were BETTER than what UNC could put out there. And the whole way through, Shane is the straw that stirs the drink.

It's not realistic to expect Rion to play every game like he did today. But if he can give us one great game during the Tournament? We probably aren't losing that day. TMJ goes ham? We aren't losing that game. As long as somebody steps up to fill the scoring void, we can go as far as we want to.

It is about getting production, get it from player X or get it from player Y. There was a thread that people stated we need RJ to have much better production to go far in the tourney. That is not the case, we just need numbers to come from somewhere.

Today JG stepped up and had 11 and 10.

I love Durand, but anyone else getting a little sick and tired of him getting injured 19 times a game? I'm not talking about the back, that was legit, but the holding the head, the limping the grimacing. I know he plays hard, but he's got the D-Wade syndrome.

^^^i think he does that for two reasons. One, so the refs give him the next close foul, and two, to make his defender feel he has an advantage. Idk

Advertisement
I love Durand, but anyone else getting a little sick and tired of him getting injured 19 times a game? I'm not talking about the back, that was legit, but the holding the head, the limping the grimacing. I know he plays hard, but he's got the D-Wade syndrome.
kill yourself

kill yourself

I'd rather not, especially since I prefaced it by saying, I love Durand. Anyway, I wish he'd stop and just play. The refs never give him the calls anyway.

kill yourself

I'd rather not, especially since I prefaced it by saying, I love Durand. Anyway, I wish he'd stop and just play. The refs never give him the calls anyway.

Agree with NS here. As good a player as he is, Durand is a big drama queen.

Advertisement
As long as he plays amazing defense, drives aggressively, and makes shots, then I don't care how much he acts hurt.

The only thing that would have made yesterday sweeter was Brutus the Barber Beefcake coming on the court, pinning Bullock down, and shaving his ******* pansy-*** fauxhawk.

Advertisement
Back