Offensive Line

Coach Justice dewing a grate job.
It also helps when the defense doesn’t have an advantage over the offensive line because they know whether it’s a pass or run.
When the offense can keep the defense off balance with play calling, the offensive line benefits the most of any unit because the defensive line is reacting instead of attacking and a step slow as a result.
thats partly why our lines looked so good from 1999-2003

Advertisement
OL is playing fantastic. Love what I saw from Zion stepping in for Campbell. Told y’all not to give him up him, he’s going to be a good one.

Credit to the coaches and players for turning it around so quick.

Advertisement
This administration has EXCELLED at prematurely extending bum coaches who DIDN'T deserve an extension.

Here's an opportunity to EXTEND an excellent coach who ACTUALLY merits it.

Hand Lashlee a blank check. Make him a top 3 OC in the country in terms of pay. Give him an "assistant HC" title. Even with that it's a matter of time before he's gone but for the love of God.....prolong that **** as long as possible.

****.. I may need to give justice credit too. I know the line really gets tested in 2 weeks. But they look **** good. On that bomb to Wiggins... They way they gave time with Mallory on that last block was perfect.

Told you Penos lovers this could happen if you don't have a brain dead coordinator running a scheme like he's at Wisconsin.

Great OC's can hide deficiencies.

Posted in another thread - LSU OL was among the worst in CFB in 2018, giving up 35 sacks. Miami was actually better (27 allowed) . In 2019, LSU was just as bad (35 sacks allowed) but scheme and QB hid deficiencies. At the same time, Miami had a terrible OC and QB and gave up 51 sacks. So it's not a surprise that Miami actually has a decent line this year with a much better OC and QB. A mediocre LSU OL didn't prevent LSU from crushing Clemson with their vaunted defense.

Advertisement
And I was mocked when I hated the Enos hire. NOW odes everyone understand? ;)
I hated it as well though I tried to be positive and give the guy a chance. We all know how it turned out.

What really infuriated me was this one goomba on here that kept telling me that going to a spread with a different coordinator would solve nothing. He would cite the chit show at FSU for "proof" I just can't remember his name. It will come to me. Pro Style Bro! Total Bozo.

They looked good! Even if Campbell did get benched because if performance , it puts everyone on notice that they cant have mental errors or miss blocks. Good job by O-Line staff!

I’m seeing a lot of people say a good “ a good scheme can hide deficiencies” which is true to a degree however if you were really watching the game you would have noticed our oline put hats on hats and were purely blocking. They stood the dline up a bunch. That’s a true improvement, no gimmicks. Credit to the line coach.

I’m seeing a lot of people say a good “ a good scheme can hide deficiencies” which is true to a degree however if you were really watching the game you would have noticed our oline put hats on hats and were purely blocking. They stood the dline up a bunch. That’s a true improvement, no gimmicks. Credit to the line coach.
Exactly. The first couple games the OL looked like it was helped by the scheme and quick passes. Yesterday they just stood the DL up. King had all day to convert those third downs

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back