Offensive Line

imurcane

Banned
Banned
1 center- Linder, Okay, so I haven't noticed him being super ******, so I will list him as solid. He came in with high regard. I hope another strong offseason will allow him to take a huge step forward for his senior season.

5 guards- Isidora and Gall graduate. I don't see a whole lot in Knighton. Will he medical shirt, transfer, or come back as (presumably) a back up for his senior year, or some how take a quantum leap and play well for us? Id say that is 3 guards gone. I like McDermott. I am hoping he like Linder can take a huge step forward this offseason. Gauthier . . . Not sure why he didn't redshirt as a freshman? But here he is year 2. I think based on bio/recruiting reports only, that there is an opportunity for the SC staff along with Searels to develop him. Does he have any dog in him?

9 tackles- Can Darling slide inside? Part of the ****tiness is if he slides, who plays OT? I just have to think the Darling at guard is significantly better than Darling at tackle. I like Sunny. I hope he can rebound from his injury to man one of the tackle spots, maybe even move over to right tackle. ST. Louis and Jones . . . not sure Jones will make it. Can St. Louis develop into a solid swing tackle or solid back up at right tackle? Are any of the redshirt freshman OTs even worthy of a ship at Miami, except the transfer Brown? Johnson is a true freshman. Cant run him off especially when Richt took him . . . not yet.

So not only are we very devoid of talent at tackle, we lack numbers at guard. I generally do think you can take a lesser tackle and place him at guard . . . if it is a speed rush issue. For example, I think Darling and Saint Louie are better suited as guards.

The really bad news is that next year will NOT be much better unless 2-3 of the returning kids ACTUALLY step up and develop.

If Peter Ariz is correct and we happen to land the trio of OL he mentioned tonight, we have a shot to be much improved. That is still counting on 3 true frosh on the OL.

We will need to run a few kids off. We need to sign 3-4 true frosh studs. We need to hit that waiver wire via grad transfer like a mother ******. Is there a juco or prep OL out there flying under the radar? And mean mother****ers at DT that are just a little bit slow to play DT that can move over to guard? **** Im trying to think how can we improve in a hurry? If we have to play a 3rd stringer, save for Bama, teams are screwed.

Advertisement
Kehoe did such a lousy job recruiting Offensive Lineman we basically have a roster full of Guards. We need to hit the JC seen.

And we don't really have great guards. Actually I like KC, Trevor, and Saint Louie as guards. They should be our 3team tandem at guard.
But . . .

We are fooked.

McDermott, Linder, Odogwu, St.Louis and the reserves are all just JAGS.

Darling is not a JAG but he's in over his head in the wrong position.

We need to hit on that Elliot kid from JC and hope the transfer brown plus a couple of Freshmen are legit prospect to contribute right away.

I would like to see us groom a physical run blocking center in the Barret Jones(play style) mode. We usually don't recruit the center position aggressively.

Having a tough interior center to neutralize 3-4 Nose tackles is necessary with all the 3-4 and 3-3-5 defense people are playing nowadays.

Advertisement
Back