Offensive Line Improvemt

sstcane

Sophomore
Premium
We have an experienced QB, playmakers on O - but it all starts with the improvement with our Offensive Line.

John Campbell R So 6’5 310 Or Zion Nelson So 6’5 310
Jakai Clark So 6’3 320 Or Ousman Traore R So 6’3 310
Corey Gaynor R Jr 6’4 300
Delone Scaife Jr 6’3 314
Jarrid Williams R Sr 6’6 308

You cannot underestimate the importance of having experience on the Offensive Line. Last season we had 3 first time starters including 2 true freshman starting.

We are bigger, stronger and more experienced this season.

Campbell struggled at the start of the season. But in the 2nd half of the season he was very good when he was in for Donaldson in the last couple games. Nelson struggled last season, but was thrown to the wolves. He has the tools and hopefully Justice can clean up his technique. Berry was a terrible OT coach in my opinion.

LG will be a battle between Clark and Traore. Clark played all last season and was ok (but was a True Frosh). Traore is 1 year older but no experience in P5 as a JUCO player.

Overall the change in coaching/scheme along with the addition of a veteran like Williams and the experience the young guys got last year should pay big dividends.

The line will look like a completely different unit than what we saw on the field last year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Watching Houston games from 2018 - Williams pulled a lot from RT on run plays.

Also I’m glad we won’t see Donaldson pulling from LG to try and block the opposite DE on a 3rd and long play action pass!!!!

Experience, Portal additions and better coaching/scheme should mean a much better OL. Also when is that stupid ncaa going to make a decision on Issiah Walker. WTF is there to analyze!

I’m curious to see how the LG battle shapes up .. supposedly the staff is high on Traore. But I’m a big fan of Rivers game, should be good competition. I think Jakai Clark is taking a RS..

Advertisement
Donaldson is redshirting but available to play 4 games. Do you wait till the end of the season. Or pick specific games like FSU, Clemson, etc...

Advertisement
No 7 steps drop with a pulling guard who can’t get there in time should help.

Forgot the play action mixed in on 3rd and 11. What a disaster Enos was.

Anyway,

Better scheme, adding a Senior in Williams, Gaynor a 4th year guy, Scaife a 3rd guy, and all the other youngins another year older will go a long way. Most important thing is finding the starting 5 and giving them time to gel before the season.

u hands university of miami GIF by Miami Hurricanes
If OL was our concern? New OL coach seems like a winner and prognostics are up? We're looking at a big leap forward.

Advertisement
Back