Offense question

BigCaneAl

Senior
Premium
Did we complete a pass between the hashes? I can't remember one... That's amazing to me. Unless maybe the bomb to Dorsett counts.

Advertisement
No. ****es me off too.... Would've liked to see them hit our TE's over the middle....
Also... Why no screens to try and throw off their aggressive D-line...
A win is a win though. I'll take it.

seems they were more scared of florida's d scoring than their o. were extremely conservative and predictable

Whatever...it worked this time, but we put our D in a tough position with our time of possession and 3 and outs. We really need to work the middle of the field. They were T-Ing off on the run because they knew we weren't going to challenge the middle with intermediate routes. I wonder how much the staff really trusts Morris.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Stop blaming Coley for the play calling. There were good play calls. UF stopped a lot of it you have to give them credit. And Morris missed a bunch of WR's today. It was a good tough game.

Morris needs to learn to step up in the pocket. He always scrambles to the outside. 1 of the many things he can improve in the next 2 weeks before our next game.

Morris needs to learn to step up in the pocket. He always scrambles to the outside. 1 of the many things he can improve in the next 2 weeks before our next game.

I would agree but him scrambling outside stretches the pocket, and elongates the rush. The Gaytor D Line needed to be stretched horizontally.

morris and the wr seemed off on a few checkdowns, dorsett esp, and why use duke up the middle on obvious run downs? ill take the w and yes d line was nasty and vudu holding on flowers but our o line physique is not translating coach..a few of us said if he didnt get it done this year. . .if we win six well . . .

Advertisement
Stop blaming Coley for the play calling. There were good play calls. UF stopped a lot of it you have to give them credit. And Morris missed a bunch of WR's today. It was a good tough game.

You quit watching after the first quarter? Play calling, play design are real issues.

You quit watching after the first quarter? Play calling, play design are real issues.
Agreed. I was feeling Coley until the 2nd quarter then it turned into a **** show. That said, Morris didn't help matters.

Advertisement
We didn't throw over the middle but unlike last week I wasn't bothered by it. I was in the stands and watching that aspect above all. Nothing seemed to be there. Florida didn't have a Luke Kuechly but their linebackers and safeties seemed to have great instincts. I was increasingly worried we'd force something over the middle.

Fisch ran combination routes that made sense to me. I could see who we were trying to influence, and the strategy behind it. Heck, same with Whipple. He had tons of guys open other than Jacory floating it to the defender. It was simply a terrible fit of arm strength for Whipple's scheme. So far Coley features lots of unconnected parts. I'm not to the point of panic or overreaction. Lots of talent to work with.

Advertisement
Back