Offense or Defense First (Bama Game)

I know that it likely won't matter in the big picture of the game, but who would you guys rather have the ball first?

I usually want Defense out their first bc of second half & I think D can give you some energy to start....but for this game I'd rather O out there first.

I just trust D King/Lashlee more than our entire D. I feel like we can get some momentum going to start the game whereas watching Bama run it down our throats could be deflating.

Thoughts?

Advertisement
Roll Tide's defense against Miami's offense will determine the competitiveness of the game. Along with the Aussie changing field position for Miami.

IF Miami's offense can " hang tough " against that nasty experienced defense. Then Miami should be competitive entering the fourth quarter. An average game, or sub-par game will be a DIASTER for Miami.

In other words, the entire Hurricane offense performance, and Coach L's play-calling, will have to be at a " B+ " grade level. That's the ceiling against Bama's defensive unit. Because not many teams will have degree of success against them the entire season. Heck, a B grade level performance would great. Then there's always the proverbial giving the opposing team a charity gift. huh? The Hurricane's CAN'T afford to play the " Good Samaritan" on Saturn afternoon!!

Roll, Tide... Yahoo 31, Hurricanes 20

Defense first.

Always. The real game starts in the 3rd quarter

You never want to kick the 2nd half if you had problems in the 1st half.

Think about it. What’s worst? Going down 7-0 on the first series or having to kick to start the 3rd quarter down 14? Lots of teams overcome the first scenario. Much fewer overcome the second.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back