Offense/defense going forward

StevoBevo

Freshman
How do y’all feel about the offense going forward with the addition of Garcia/TVD, J knighton comes off suspension as RB (great receiving back and adds a different style of play that brown/Harris don’t really have) J Clarke seems to be the C going forward if the reports about Gaynor are true about him done for the year. I can’t help but imagine Brinson, B Smith & J George SHOULD get more burn after today.

On D it seems like Hall really will end up getting replaced by J Williams/K kitchens, We get Sam Brooke back at LB (Adds some speed) and Austin-Cave seems healthy as well (more speed) and at first L Taylor seemed a little meh to me but came alive that second half.

To me our biggest issues on O was King/kings health, drops and RB (Harris has Stevie wonder vision) and with the additions listed above those should HOPEFULLY be taken care of for the most part (especially the addition of Knighton).

On D our biggest issue is Tackling & LB speed. Again HOPEFULLY the addition of Brooks/Austin Cave should at least solve the latter part (then Keontra when he returns in a few weeks). Chase Smith also looked really good.

Now I’m not trying to be a slurped or sunshine pumper but I will say the best thing about this game today is when you HAVE to play everyone you really get to see who should be getting less/more snaps from there on out. If the coaches do that and realize some of our younger guys simply deserve more playing time over certain veterans then we may be alright going forward.

Starting O
QB - Garcia/TVD
RB - Harris/Knighton/Brown
TE - Arroyo/Mallory (GET IT TOGETHER)
WR - X, Rambo, Harley(GET IT TOGETHER) George, Brinson, Redding, B Smith and K smith (just not Wiggins please)
LT - Nelson
LG - Donaldson
C - Clarke
RG - Olusweun
RT - Williams/Scaife

Starting D
DE - J Harvey/D Johnson
DT - N silvera/J Miller
DT - JHH/L Taylor/J ford
DE - Chantz Williams/Z McCloud

WLB - S brooks/C Smith
MLB - Austin Cave/Flagg
STR - G frierson/Carter
CB - T Stevenson/Ivey
S - Bolden
S -J Williams/K kitchens
CB - T couch/ Al blades

Last edited:
Advertisement
How do y’all feel about the offense going forward with the addition of Garcia/TVD, J knighton comes off suspension as RB (great receiving back and adds a different style of play that brown/Harris don’t really have) J Clarke seems to be the C going forward if the reports about Gaynor are true about him done for the year. I can’t help but imagine Brinson, B Smith & J George SHOULD get more burn after today.

On D it seems like Hall really will end up getting replaced by J Williams/K kitchens, We get Sam Brooke back at LB (Adds some speed) and Austin-Cave seems healthy as well (more speed) and at first L Taylor seemed a little meh to me but came alive that second half.

To me our biggest issues on O was King/kings health, drops and RB (Harris has Stevie wonder vision) and with the additions listed above those should HOPEFULLY be taken care of for the most part (especially the addition of Knighton).

On D our biggest issue is Tackling & LB speed. Again HOPEFULLY the addition of Brooks/Austin Cave should at least solve the latter part (then Keontra when he returns in a few weeks). Chase Smith also looked really good.

Now I’m not trying to be a slurped or sunshine pumper but I will say the best thing about this game today is when you HAVE to play everyone you really get to see who should be getting less/more snaps from there on out. If the coaches do that and realize some of our younger guys simply deserve more playing time over certain veterans then we may be alright going forward.

Starting O
QB - Garcia/TVD
RB - Harris/Knighton/Brown
TE - Arroyo/Mallory (GET IT TOGETHER)
WR - X, Rambo, Harley(GET IT TOGETHER) George, Brinson, Redding, B Smith and K smith (just not Wiggins please)
LT - Nelson
LG - Donaldson
C - Clarke
RG - Olusweun
RT - Williams/Scaife

Starting D
DE - J Harvey/D Johnson
DT - N silvera/J Miller
DT - JHH/L Taylor/J ford
DE - Chantz Williams/Z McCloud

WLB - S brooks/C Smith
MLB - Austin Cave/Flagg
STR - G frierson/Carter
CB - T Stevenson/Ivey
S - Bolden
S -J Williams/K kitchens
CB - T couch/ Al blades

I would give more PT to Franklin/Brown/Knighton, and less of Harris TBH.
If Hall ever plays here again I would put him at Striker. He tackles well when he tackles the guy with the ball. Just can't let him use his brain too much and keep things simple for him.
I would find a comfortable spot for McCloud and Carter to sit on the bench.
With competent coaching, we would meet our FPI predictions with that team.

Advertisement
Clark, Brinson, George, Smith and Williams all need much more burn, They bring talent and they make the upper classmen sweat. Brinson is clearly better than most of our wrs.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back