OBB ROMAN Shout Out

Advertisement
How can we do "you're in or you're out" and not stop recruiting? I'm not trying to be a dck, I just don't see it. If we want to play hardball, then we need to be ready to ignore a kid if he won't commit. Or we need to battle for kids who want to play games down to the wire. I don't see how we can do both.

It’s not that complicated. You keep recruiting studs down to the wire, but anyone taking visits and talking to other schools is not “in the class”, verbal or silent commit notwithstanding. Like I said, if you’re still looking around, we’re still recruiting other kids at your position.

Think McFartland. Plenty of other RB fish in the sea that class, but we stopped recruiting all the others because Whoopie was a “silent commit”. F that.

Your boston college story gave me a good laugh. You guys are doing a good podcast. Keep it up.

Thanks bud. Wish I would have been a bit more cordial that day. I was chris bogle before he knew what it was. 😂. Orlovsky mood definitely changed. I think he was ****ed I poo poo'd his dream school like that. Oh well. Sofl born and raised.

Advertisement
It’s not that complicated. You keep recruiting studs down to the wire, but anyone taking visits and talking to other schools is not “in the class”, verbal or silent commit notwithstanding. Like I said, if you’re still looking around, we’re still recruiting other kids at your position.

Think McFartland. Plenty of other RB fish in the sea that class, but we stopped recruiting all the others because Whoopie was a “silent commit”. F that.

Agreed. Just such a delicate balance. I really just think when you look at the class (and portal transfers) most came from out of state.

And I think in that moment I heard the coaches criticizing in years past that we went abroad.

But enough is enough. These handlers in a lot of cases have permeated your school's core and it's not your say. Can't be mad at Miami.

They look, miami looks. They play games, we pass. This week looks like the obb will have Braxton Berrios on. (He's confirmed just waiting on the time) Once again a cane through and through from Raleigh North Carolina.

I'll take those.

It really is that complicated. Kids have egos, and when you refuse to hold a spot for them some of them will bail. It's all well and good to say "so what they were soft" until it's a truly talented kid. But whatever, you can play it that way. What I don't think can work is the idea that if a coach is steering kids away from Miami we can blackball that school. Eventually there will be a great athlete with genuine interest and you can't tell him no because you drew a line in the sand with his coach.

Bottom line is that you do every single thing you can to land the absolute best recruits you can. Crawl through the mud, bark like a dog, eat sht...whatever will land that kid you do. So if you have to hold a spot because the kid wants a big NSD announcement, that's what you have to do. No excuses.

What you're really upset about is that we keep getting punked, and playing tough with kids won't solve that. I wish I knew what would.

Agreed. Just such a delicate balance. I really just think when you look at the class (and portal transfers) most came from out of state.

And I think in that moment I heard the coaches criticizing in years past that we went abroad.

But enough is enough. These handlers in a lot of cases have permeated your school's core and it's not your say. Can't be mad at Miami.

They look, miami looks. They play games, we pass. This week looks like the obb will have Braxton Berrios on. (He's confirmed just waiting on the time) Once again a cane through and through from Raleigh North Carolina.

I'll take those.
If you get Braxton on, make it a point to say how thankful the fans are for him understanding the history of disrespect and what he did to try to make things right:
UNC - Williams and Switzer running it up and all of the upside down U BS, Braxton puts the U right side up after a TD
Notre Dame- Catholics Vs Convicts, Braxton scores and leaves in virtual cuffs
FSU-almost single handedly snaps the losing streak

Great player, student, role model...the kid is a Hurricane.

If you get Braxton on, make it a point to say how thankful the fans are for him understanding the history of disrespect and what he did to try to make things right:
UNC - Williams and Switzer running it up and all of the upside down U BS, Braxton puts the U right side up after a TD
Notre Dame- Catholics Vs Convicts, Braxton scores and leaves in virtual cuffs
FSU-almost single handedly snaps the losing streak

Great player, student, role model...the kid is a Hurricane.

Absolutely

Advertisement
It really is that complicated. Kids have egos, and when you refuse to hold a spot for them some of them will bail. It's all well and good to say "so what they were soft" until it's a truly talented kid. But whatever, you can play it that way. What I don't think can work is the idea that if a coach is steering kids away from Miami we can blackball that school. Eventually there will be a great athlete with genuine interest and you can't tell him no because you drew a line in the sand with his coach.

Bottom line is that you do every single thing you can to land the absolute best recruits you can. Crawl through the mud, bark like a dog, eat sht...whatever will land that kid you do. So if you have to hold a spot because the kid wants a big NSD announcement, that's what you have to do. No excuses.

What you're really upset about is that we keep getting punked, and playing tough with kids won't solve that. I wish I knew what would.

You’re not reading what I’m saying. You’re putting other people’s thoughts or words into mine. I just said you recruit the studs down to the wire. All I said was, you don’t stop recruiting a position just because a kid says he wants in, if that kid is still considering other schools. At the end of the day, it has to be a case by case basis if you accept a commit from a “plan B” prior to signing day, and yes, you always hold a spot or two for the 5 star signing day decision guys. But you have to keep recruiting the position, even if it means telling guys “we love your game, but you’re a backup plan.” Tired of hearing from kids that we want last minute that they haven’t heard from Miami in a year.

Part of this is expanding the staff so that we actually have enough people to keep up with contact on more kids. Manny seems to be doing that.

Advertisement
Back