OBB Recruiting Podcast Episode No Stars = No Take? [Emory Williams Debate]

Roman has QB ranked in this order

• Nico: High 5* Generational
  • Rashada/Moore: 5*
  • Emory: 4*
Nugget from @LeedsCane

This isn't a Ponce no star special. Gaddis was the one pounding the table that he should be offered. Mario is on board too.
I think I’d prefer Ponce’s QB takes. Anybody see Gattis’ QB's at Michigan? App State and Louisville had much better QB play.

Advertisement
We will see. School he’s at has two Big time WR recruits this year. My boy is from Houston and used to coach there as well. If a school is gonna spend Millions on a QB recruit, they should have a better plan in place.
I don’t understand why he would do that? The guy could go anywhere and get a sizeable offer. How do you put your goal of the NFL at risk with that short sighted view?

I think I’d prefer Ponce’s QB takes. Anybody see Gattis’ QB's at Michigan? App State and Louisville had much better QB play.
To be fair, let’s see what 5 star JJ McCarthy does this year starting as a true soph. He was only there for 3 years and that was the big QB recruit they got. Not sure if he was the primary in his recruitment or not.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I don’t understand why he would do that? The guy could go anywhere and get a sizeable offer. How do you put your goal of the NFL at risk with that short sighted view?
Because maybe he isn’t getting 5 Million from everyone maybe he does and he decommits. Not sure how the portal causes a risk to his NFL future but I see what you mean. Just what I was told. Like I said, I don’t come here acting like an insider or like I know it all. Was also told that the staff at Tennessee doesn’t recruit the city kids much and looks more at the prep schools. I’m more focused on Miami but I thought this was interesting considering

Did Gattis recruit those QB’s?
I hope so. He was their OC for three years. Either he recruited mediocre QBs or the guys he recruited were so bad they couldn’t beat mediocre QBs for the starting job.

Because maybe he isn’t getting 5 Million from everyone maybe he does and he decommits. Not sure how the portal causes a risk to his NFL future but I see what you mean. Just what I was told. Like I said, I don’t come here acting like an insider or like I know it all. Was also told that the staff at Tennessee doesn’t recruit the city kids much and looks more at the prep schools. I’m more focused on Miami but I thought this was interesting considering
I appreciate the information passed along and it wasn’t meant as a slight to you. It is more these kids. I would think a guy would pick the coach or system that you think will best showcase you and prepare you to get to the league. Of course things happen and you may need to transfer, and plenty of guys have been drafted following that. But to go in with the intention of transferring and forcing yourself to lean multiple playbooks and build rapport with new WRs and OL just doesn’t make much sense to me.

I appreciate the information passed along and it wasn’t meant as a slight to you. It is more these kids. I would think a guy would pick the coach or system that you think will best showcase you and prepare you to get to the league. Of course things happen and you may need to transfer, and plenty of guys have been drafted following that. But to go in with the intention of transferring and forcing yourself to lean multiple playbooks and build rapport with new WRs and OL just doesn’t make much sense to me.
Didn’t take it as a dig my guy. There’s a lot about todays kids let alone recruits that I don’t understand. My boy coaches at Powell in Tennessee. Raves about Walter Nolan and his family etc.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back