Numbers in 2014

BlackKeysFan

Sophomore
Sorry if this has been addressed, but are we looking to take a full 25 man class this cycle? Can we go over with EE's? We were way under in 2013 I believe so we should have a bunch of EE slots that wouldn't count against this year. I know we are losing a decent amount of guys, especially on offense.

I really think if we can win 9-10 games and get some good hype, we can have a number 1 ranked class type of year and this can be the class that puts us back in title contention. Would be a shame to not fill out a full class. It seems like we've had a lot of attrition and maybe some of the guys from 2011 and 2012 that appear to have been somewhat recruited over will leave (not that I want them to, but you know how it is).

Advertisement
Low 20s is my guess.

About 18 seniors, 5 we lose via attrition.

Likely sign 23 maybe 2 more for kids that dont qualify.

We currently have 82 scholarship players. This includes recently added 2013 LB Walter Tucker, as well as potential JUCO/Prep candidates Coley, Griffin, and Lockley. It also includes Kamalu who is still somewhat on the fence about reporting. My guess is we play 2013 with 80 scholarship players.

That's 5.

We will graduate 18 seniors.

That's 23.

There are only a few Juniors (4) who could possibly leave early (Chick, Perryman, Dorsett, and Gunter). Let's assume 2 leave.

That's 25. A full class.

There will always be a few casualties. We have had 7 this year (White, Finnie, Paul, E. Johnson, R. Williams, Terry, Briscoe) so far. The likely ones at this point appear to be Grimble and Perry. Let's say both leave and someone else gets in trouble.

That's 28.

Don't be surprised to see Golden and company sign a very healthy class. If we are unfortunate and lose scholarships this week (NCAA), Al is set up nicely to give them back this year. Remember, we are at 82 right now and that assumes everyone gets in (unlikely). Assuming we play with 80 this year, as I mentioned above, we can bring in roughly 28 kids next year.

Advertisement
We currently have 82 scholarship players. This includes recently added 2013 LB Walter Tucker, as well as potential JUCO/Prep candidates Coley, Griffin, and Lockley. It also includes Kamalu who is still somewhat on the fence about reporting. My guess is we play 2013 with 80 scholarship players.

That's 5.

That's 23.

There are only a few Juniors (4) who could possibly leave early (Chick, Perryman, Dorsett, and Gunter). Let's assume 2 leave.

That's 25. A full class.

There will always be a few casualties. We have had 7 this year (White, Finnie, Paul, E. Johnson, R. Williams, Terry, Briscoe) so far. The likely ones at this point appear to be Grimble and Perry. Let's say both leave and someone else gets in trouble.

That's 28.

Don't be surprised to see Golden and company sign a very healthy class. If we are unfortunate and lose scholarships this week (NCAA), Al is set up nicely to give them back this year. Remember, we are at 82 right now and that assumes everyone gets in (unlikely). Assuming we play with 80 this year, as I mentioned above, we can bring in roughly 28 kids next year.

We lost Robert Lockhart this year also.

That's 5.

That's 23.

That's 25. A full class.

That's 28.

We lost Robert Lockhart this year also.

Sure did...Thanks!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back