November 11th 2017

Advertisement
Wrong. November 11th 2017 was the day we skull ****ed the domers on national television at Hard Rock. Anything else that happened on that day is irrelevant.

college football GIF by Miami Hurricanes

If Miami has to play Clemson again, it’s another blowout. I saw enough

Nick Chubb, Sony Michel, and De'Andre Swift was in that back field. UGA had 46 yards rushing on the day.
Jake Fromm had 184 passing yards and 1 TD
Kerryon Johnson had 167 yards on UGA's D. Jarret Stidham had 3 TD passes.
With our 3 backs, we had 89 yards rushing on the day. 11 from RB's.
Ettienne had 149 yards on us. Sushine had 3 TD passes.

In game 2, UGA passing attack was pretty much the same as Game 1 (183 passing yards, 2 TD's this time). More importantly, they ran the ball for 238 yards after getting absolutely stuffed in Game 1. Don't think it's too much to ask our offense to put up 24-28 points instead of 10. Our Defense is going to have to do a lot of work to do a similar turn-around. UGA held Kerryon Johnson to 44 yards.

It's not a terrible comparison, and you couldn't tell me before Game 2 that UGA would've done any differently than Game 1. Especially considering Auburn had also knocked down Bama that year (who ended up winning the Natty...)

I hope the guys can see it like the OP does, and turn things around. I don't want to wait until next year or another head coach to beat Clemson.

Advertisement
Nick Chubb, Sony Michel, and De'Andre Swift was in that back field. UGA had 46 yards rushing on the day.
I don’t know what you typed. That was a bunch of irrelevant blasphemy. The bottom line- I’ll be ecstatic if we continue to beat the inferior teams the rest of the year. Pitt, nc-state, Virginia, etc. we luckily don’t have any more elite programs to face. We need to continue to dominate the inferior teams the rest of this 2020 season. We aren’t even close to being ready to beat Clemson, bama, Georgia, onio state, etc

In game 2, UGA passing attack was pretty much the same as Game 1 (183 passing yards, 2 TD's this time). More importantly, they ran the ball for 238 yards after getting absolutely stuffed in Game 1. Don't think it's too much to ask our offense to put up 24-28 points instead of 10. Our Defense is going to have to do a lot of work to do a similar turn-around. UGA held Kerryon Johnson to 44 yards.

It's not a terrible comparison, and you couldn't tell me before Game 2 that UGA would've done any differently than Game 1. Especially considering Auburn had also knocked down Bama that year (who ended up winning the Natty...)

I hope the guys can see it like the OP does, and turn things around. I don't want to wait until next year or another head coach to beat Clemson.

If Miami has to play Clemson again, it’s another blowout. I saw enough
This. UGA had a ridiculously complete team that year. And they played bad. We played bad but we also have more holes than Swiss cheese at a needle factory. If we get a rematch by the grace of god(cause that means we win out) they will rape us 10x harder cause they will presumably be healthier than today. They were missing joe ngata and I don’t remember if Xavier Thomas even played

This. UGA had a ridiculously complete team that year. And they played bad. We played bad but we also have more holes than Swiss cheese at a needle factory. If we get a rematch by the grace of god(cause that means we win out) they will rape us 10x harder cause they will presumably be healthier than today. They were missing joe ngata and I don’t remember if Xavier Thomas even played
Comparing our roster and coaches with Georgia’s roster and coaches from 2017 is beyond stupid

Advertisement

UGA lost Game 1 because they got absolutely dominated at the LOS. Game 2 they didn't. We don't have to pass the ball if we can run.

On that day, Georgia got massacred @ Auburn 40-17. Three weeks later, Georgia beat Auburn 28-7 in the SEC championship game and ultimately finished one play away from being national champs. One game at a time.
You comparing Miami’s current talent/coaching to that 2017 UGA team? Oh, and 2020 Clemson ***** on 2017 Auburn.

Terrible take

UGA lost Game 1 because they got absolutely dominated at the LOS. Game 2 they didn't. We don't have to pass the ball if we can run.
I appreciate your unrelenting optimism but I don’t share it. We couldn’t run or pass. We couldn’t shake our ****s after a **** if Brent didn’t give us permission

so miami is going to get 3 1st round RBs between now and acccg? ROFL k.

Advertisement

Kerryon was hurt in that second game for the sec title.

Auburn is not Clemson and Georgia is not Miami. Talent and coaching is not even comparable.

Advertisement

I would like to see Miami play a mistake free game before judging how big a gap there is on defense. Most of us expected a shootout with the score around 48-45. The Clemson defense was better last year and LSU dropped 45 on them. No rational person would say that the Clemson defense lacked talent last year or they had lots of holes. What beat all that defensive talent was superior performance and a much better offense. (As everybody says, LSU had NFL players at WR. WR, by a large margin, was the weakest position on the field) . If our offense had scored 40+ like we thought it could, we have enough on defense to win (if they aren't making dumb mistakes). Similarly, no sane person say Alabama lacks talent on defense yet Kiffins O dropped 48 yesterday. And OleMiss did not sneak up on Bama.

Miami does not have the talent yet on offense but the issue was greatly magnified by a poor gameplan. If you saw how Richt recruited that side of the ball, the lack of talent is not shocking. Good news is I like the potential of the 2020 class. Smith, Redding, and Restrepo are good. I would just move on from Harley and Pope. By the end of the season, we might find we have WRs that can catch and it will be much harder to smother the offense.

On that day, Georgia got massacred @ Auburn 40-17. Three weeks later, Georgia beat Auburn 28-7 in the SEC championship game and ultimately finished one play away from being national champs. One game at a time.

... unless Miami has five new offensive lineman, you are going to have the same game we saw last night.

Advertisement
Back