Not to beat a dead horse..

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-anon

Conference All American
Purgatory
But that boy Wiggins is soft as terrycloth....

Pope and Harley have stepped up, he is the only one that has continued his ***** *** play.

I'm over that ****.

Advertisement
Something I do notice about all our pass catchers is that 1) they do not fight for the ball at times 2) they do not push/reach for the markers.

But that boy Wiggins is soft as terrycloth....

Pope and Harley have stepped up, he is the only one that has continued his ***** *** play.

I'm over that ****.
He had a chance to get a pass interference call but wanted to let the ball land in his lap with the defender on his back. Why not jump into the guy for the ball to get the call?

Who’s teaching these guys to let the ball come to them instead of aggressively going after the ball in the air?

We are leaving a lot of pass interference calls on the field against their DF just by the poor play of our receivers!

Advertisement
He had a chance to get a pass interference call but wanted to let the ball land in his lap with the defender on his back. Why not jump into the guy for the ball to get the call?

Who’s teaching these guys to let the ball come to them instead of aggressively going after the ball in the air?

We are leaving a lot of pass interference calls on the field against their DF just by the poor play of our receivers!
That is a very hard skill to teach along with body control. Can you get better at it ... Yes but that requires lots of reps which we haven't gotten b/c of Covid.

That separates average and above average. If we had a true #1 and these guys were able to be used as 2nd and 3rd options, which they are and that’s ok, we’d be talking about them having a chance to sneak in the draft (2022) if they keep improving at this rate. We don’t have an actual “go to” guy, so every mistake they make looks even worse because we have to rely on them so much.

I just wanna also say that I’m high af and I agree with everything you said.

Advertisement
He's getting better as they all are. This is more indictment on our past receiver coaches. He's still raw, don't give on him yet. Zion should be a firm example of that. Wiggins has some good traits, he needs more strength, technique, and confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back